What will cause this HW error: PH_ERR_CT_OVERUN_ERROR and how to recover

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What will cause this HW error: PH_ERR_CT_OVERUN_ERROR and how to recover

pkolarov
Contributor II

I am receiving this error when using devkit PNEV7462C and CCID example (project: PN7462AU_ex_phExCcid) to read some ISO7816 smart cards.

Some smart cards work just fine with the example but some return HW fault:  PH_ERR_CT_OVERUN_ERROR  which cannot be recovered from in the example project.

Those smart cards seem to work fine with production CCID card readers so it seems as either a bug in HAL or there needs to be some recovery for the error but not sure what since its always fails in the same place in the communication flow (seems during the first bigger APDU response but nor really sure here).

Any help on how to recover here would be welcomed!

Thanks

Peter

Labels (1)
5 Replies

EduardoZamora
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @pkolarov

Hope you are doing well.

This error should indicate that the Fifo is over run during a communication event. ExCcid demo application from the NFC Reader Library is a demonstration on how to implement CCID functionality, and it handles the USB stack, and both CL and CT interfaces; for these reasons, the software may not be fully optimized as it is intended for test/evaluation purposes.

Regards,
Eduardo.

0 Kudos

pkolarov
Contributor II

Thanks Eduardo for the response. Yes, I understand it is only a sample code, however the issue seems to be at HAL level (or NXP library)  and not the sample itself. The CL interface seems to not have this issue as its using different HAL, only CT interface has this on an occasion. That is why I have asked about how to recover from such error as I cannot fix this at HAL level (unless you can share HAL sources). 

Regards, 

Peter

0 Kudos

EduardoZamora
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

My apologies, the only HAL sources available are included in ExCcid project > PN7462 > phHal folder.

If the normal operation of your device is stuck, perhaps I could suggest implementing a routine that resets your device when it enters an erroneous state.

Regards,
Eduardo.

0 Kudos

pkolarov
Contributor II

Unfortunately restart is not an option as it basically fails on regular basis at the same place in communication flow with certain cards. It does not really make any sense ...

0 Kudos