We are using the PN532 NFC reader in I2C mode. We are using the Adafruit PN532 library and have tried using inListPassiveTarget and readPassiveTargetID functions. We see that the RF Field is ON. However, the IRQ pin isnt being put on LOW by the PN532 even

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are using the PN532 NFC reader in I2C mode. We are using the Adafruit PN532 library and have tried using inListPassiveTarget and readPassiveTargetID functions. We see that the RF Field is ON. However, the IRQ pin isnt being put on LOW by the PN532 even

sripriyakomarli
Contributor I

We are using the PN532 NFC reader in I2C mode. We are using the Adafruit PN532 library and have tried using inListPassiveTarget and readPassiveTargetID functions. We see that the RF Field is ON. However, the IRQ pin isnt being put on LOW by the PN532 even when a card is present and hence we are unable to read anything. Do you have inputs on what may be the issue? 

0 Kudos
2 Replies

sripriyakomarli
Contributor I

Hi Weidong, 

Thanks for the response. The IRQ pin is not changing from HIGH to LOW when a card is present. Do you have inputs on why this may be the case and how we can debug this further? 

Thanks

Priya

0 Kudos

weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Sripriya,

Please use voltmeter to measure level change on IRQ pin at first!

For example, when card exists, what  IRQ pin's level is; when card is removed, how about IRQ pin's level.

If we can find level on IRQ pin is changing from HIGH to LOW / HIGH to LOW, it means Hardware has generated interrupt! Then you can begin to debug your software to check if the interrupt can be responsed!

Best Regards,

Weidong

0 Kudos