cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using 16-byte MIFARE Desfire KEY with CLRC663 chip

Alperen
Contributor I

Hello,

I designed a custom board with CLRC663 chip. It's interfaced with an STM32 MCU. We can detect the MIFARE card, but we are not sure how to use the 16-byte key in desfire.

The datasheet of CLRC663 chip only mentions MIFARE classic key which 6-byte long. It never mentions how to use 16 byte long desfire keys.

Is there are any way I can use this kind of key?

Any help is appreciated.

We are using this repo as a reference, we actually ported for our MCU:

iwanders/MFRC630: A library for NXP's MFRC630 NFC IC. (github.com)

0 Kudos
1 Reply

EduardoZamora
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @Alperen,

Hope you are doing well.

We have an NFC Reader Library that has some examples that will help you build your application. The NFC Reader Library is a complete software support library for NFC Frontend ICs designed to provide a faster and simpler way to deliver NFC-enabled products; Application Layer implements the commands of several contactless smart cards such as MIFARE DESFire. Nonetheless, please consider that this library is only supported by compatible MCUs from the NXP portfolio; implementation on a third-party platform must be done by the customer and this procedure is out of our support scope. In this case, I'm unable to provide any support if this library is migrated to any other MCU, or if a third-party library is being used.

In case you are still interested in using a third-party MCU, you could find more information on DESFire products in the documentation from Secure Files. As this information is under NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement), please consult the Non-Disclosure Agreement FAQs. You can try requesting an NDA directly from the NDA online form; after your request is processed, you should be contacted by the NXP NDA team.

Once you have a valid NDA with NXP you would need to request access to the documentation through Secure Access Rights.

EduardoZamora_0-1708563489901.png

For this, you could follow the instructions from this page: Secure Access Rights | NXP Semiconductors. Also, I would recommend checking the Secure Access Rights FAQs | NXP Semiconductors.

Regards,
Eduardo.

0 Kudos