SDA is pulled low on 9th clock pulse!(NTAG Tag NT3H1101 )

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDA is pulled low on 9th clock pulse!(NTAG Tag NT3H1101 )

tarikon
Contributor I

Hello Dears,

I am working on interfacing MSP430 with NT3H1101 with I2C. I could not read from the NTAG as the SDA is pulled low on 9th clock pulse. I found that it is related to clock stretching bit on register I2C_CLOCK_STR. as Kan_Li i may access the E9h via RF interface, i could access to configuratio register throught the NFC I2C demo, I still receive a Nack from the chip?

what shpuld i do that i can communicate with the NTAG?

best regards,

tarik

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Tarik,

Do you mean the I2C access still failed due to the SDA pulled down issue? Please kindly clarify.

Have a great day,
Kan

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

tarikon
Contributor I

Hi Kan,

There was no other NT3H1101 on the 2C bus, I believe the I2C configuration of MSP430 are correct, but if you are interested in checking my code, I can share it here

best regards,

tarik

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Tarik,

How many boards did you test? Did they behave the same? From your snapshot, the baud rate was not very high, right? Have you ever tried with a lower speed? Please kindly clarify.

Thanks for your patience!

Have a great day,
Kan

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

tarikon
Contributor I

Hello Kan,

I have tested only on one board(the PCB board where i have soldered the NTAG), the baud rate was of 100Kh only, II ve tried once with 80Khz but still the same probleme

the thing I want to tell is that, I have tried it once and it worked somehow but I have an ACK from the TAG with a delay of 70ms(between the 8 clock and 9 clock) but after running it again it still send a NACK

best regards,

tarik

0 Kudos

tarikon
Contributor I

Hello Kan,

I meant the I2C access still failed due to the SCL pulled down 9th clock.

kind regards.

tarikI2C_serial_prob.PNG

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Tarik,

Was there only one NT3H1101 on the I2C bus? Please check if the I2C configuration of  MSP430 was correct.

Have a great day,
Kan

0 Kudos