显示结果 
显示  仅  | 搜索替代 
您的意思是: 

Problems between NFC Cockpit and PN7642

2,114 次查看
edifor
Contributor I

Good day!

I'm trying to activate VCOM to PN7642 Dev Board (Rev B) Using latest Cockpit v07.02.00 software and drivers. The mass storage flow works, but after upload the firmware located in Cockpit folders is not switching to VCOM mode, instead, is activating the mass storage mode again. Documentation mention: "If no VCOM appears and instead the mass storage device PN76xx_DL appears again, make sure that J20 3-4 is disconnected and reset the device again by pressing NFC_VEN". Board Rev 2, doesn't have J20 3-4. We pressed NFC_VEN, but not results.

Any additional consideration to allow use the dev board as VCOM? Or some additional firmware driver is required?

I appreciate any help to allow us use Cockpit with PN7642 Dev Board and calibrate our antenna. 

标记 (2)
0 项奖励
回复
11 回复数

1,519 次查看
AlexanderB
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @RLB , @fanthuandt @Marcel_ArrowCE , @phucle200791 @edifor ,

Please check the latest, last week updated, Quick Start Guide. There is now a table added with the firmware and NFC Cockpit version compatibility [Chapter 1.3 Firmware overview].

As you are most probably aware, the NFC Cockpit application (firmware --> PN7642 --> *.bin) is running on the PN7642 itself. It is compiled for a certain PN7642 firmware version. Unfortunately this creates currently some problems.

The development board with the PN7642 C100 is running firmware v01.00. The correct NFC Cockpit application binary for this firmware version is found in NFC Cockpit v7.1.0. 

The NFC Cockpit application binary of v7.2.0 is compiled for PN7642 firmware v02.00. Those are not compatible. Please download NFC Cockpit v7.1.0 and use this binary. You can then switch to a newer NFC Cockpit.

To update the PN7642 firmware a LPC55 is not necessary. In the MCUXpresso SDK v2.12.x you find an example called "check_nxpfw_update". This can be flashed on the PN7642 to update its own firmware. 

The SDK you use determines to which firmware version it will update. The table in the Quick Start Guide [1.3 Firmware overview] also tells you the PN7642 firmware version and its related SDK version. 

FW v01.00 --> SDK v2.12.1
FW v02.00 --> SDK v2.12.3
FW v02.02 --> SDK v2.12.5

Jumper J20 3-4 has been removed. I will adapt documentation accordingly. After you put the *.bin of NFC Cockpit onto mass storage it will automatically restart, populate as mass storage again and then you need to power cycle the chip once. 
This can be done by pressing VEN or plugging it off/on. Whatever is easiest for you.

I hope this answers the questions and I am sorry for the confusion created. 

Best regards,
Alexander

0 项奖励
回复

1,501 次查看
trunghoang
Contributor I

I've tried "NxpNfcCockpit_v7.1.0.0" as your suggested. Issue still happens, could you please re-check? 

0 项奖励
回复

1,494 次查看
AlexanderB
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @trunghoang ,

just to make sure we are speaking of the same procedure and error, let me double-confirm.

Mass-Storage

You are using the Mass-Storage mode to put on the NFC Cockpit binary, found in ...:\nxp\NxpNfcCockpit_v7.1.0.0\firmware\PN7642. After that the board resets, appears as mass-storage again. Till here everything is fine. 

Now you reset the board once more, by either pressing VEN (without holding DWL_REQ) or disconnect and connect it again. 
Q1: Now it appears again as mass-storage device? 

The PN7642 only should go to bootloader mode if DWL_REQ is high while reset. If VBUS is high as well, it will go mass-storage mode. DWL_REQ can be made high be either the button or connecting the jumper south of the DWL_REQ button. 

VCOM

Did you run the "install_PN76XX_vcom.bat", found in C:\nxp\NxpNfcCockpit_v7.1.0.0\VCOM, and made sure that successfull installations is 1? 

Q2: Does it maybe appear as unknown device?

Best regards,
Alexander

0 项奖励
回复

1,491 次查看
trunghoang
Contributor I
Hi AlexanderB,
Thanks for your support. to answer your questions:
Q1: yes, mass-storage appears again after copying bin file. (Of course, I released DWL_REQ button).
Q2: I installed driver as you mentioned, but mass-storage appears again, so no unknown device or VCOM device.

Regards,
0 项奖励
回复

1,582 次查看
phucle200791
Contributor I

Do you have any updated solution since "update the PN7642 via the IDE and the LPC55S16 board" is not available in my own lab.

No LPC55S16 board is available now.

Regards,

0 项奖励
回复

1,584 次查看
phucle200791
Contributor I

Do you have any updated solution since updating the PN7642 via the IDE and the LPC55S16 board is not very good solution.

We focus on PN7642 and have no LPC55S16 within our lab.

Regards,

0 项奖励
回复

1,742 次查看
Marcel_ArrowCE
Contributor II

I have the same problem. I try to follow the steps in AN13134. 

3. The PN76xx_DL will automatically restart and a PN7640/PN7642 VCOM device should appear in your device
manager. If no VCOM appears and instead the mass storage device PN76xx_DL appears again, make sure that
J20 3-4 is disconnected and reset the device again by pressing NFC_VEN....

I can not locate J20 in schematik or the board. 

After flashing like in A13134 described, teh board doas not enumerate a VCOM Port. 

0 项奖励
回复

2,027 次查看
RLB
Contributor I

Hi,

I encountered the same problem today. The post is already two weeks old and the problem may be fixed, but I still leave the solution I found.

It is necessary to update the software of the PN7642 (the PN7642 firmware on the dev board received was in V1.0). The latest version can be found at the following location in the NFC Cockpit installation folder: "NxpNfcCockpit_v7.2.0.0\firmware\PN7642_ESFWU" (currently in V2.0).

By following the "AN13134 PN76 family evaluation board quick start guide" to update the PN7642 via the IDE and the LPC55S16 board, the Vcom port is present in the windows device manager and NFC Cockpit detects the reader (do not power the LPC55S16 to install the software "NxpNfcCockpit_05_03_00_Flash.bin" on the PN7642).

It seems that AN13134 refers to various board versions and gives incorrect directions for the latest version of the evaluation board.

0 项奖励
回复

2,008 次查看
Fabian_R
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello sir,

Thank you very much for the output on how to fix this issue. In case other customers are having the same issue, this case is intended for the PNEV7642FAMA Rev B board and, these are the steps that helped the client resolve the issue:

Please do these steps:

1. install C:\nxp\NxpNfcCockpit_v7.2.0.0\VCOM\install_PN76XX_vcom.bat
  2. Make sure HOSTSELECT all switches are on 1.
  3. connect J25
  4. Power cycle board with USB
  5. wait for a few seconds

I hope this information may have been useful.

Best Regards,
Fabian
0 项奖励
回复

1,575 次查看
phucle200791
Contributor I
This does not fix the problem. We follow step-by-step but issues may be related to "version issue", we have no LPC55S16 board to upgrade PN7642 firmware version, do you have any better way to do it?
0 项奖励
回复

1,859 次查看
fanthuandt
Contributor II

Hi @Fabian_R 

I encountered the same problem. I followed these steps above but I can't resoved problem.

I dev project on OM27642DB, but I don't find  J20 3-4.
Could you help me step to resolve problem !!

Thuanpm.

Thanks you.