PN5180, Can't activate type A NFC card

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PN5180, Can't activate type A NFC card

ccanon
Contributor II

Hi, I'm trying to emulate an NFC type A card reader using the PN5180. with a host (PSoC 4). I'm following the MF0ICU1 document. As I understand, on its chapter 7.6, I'm doing the next:

1- Load config

2- Disable crc_rx

3- Disable crc_tx

4- Activate rf

5- Send REQA

6- Read ATQA

Everything ok till step 6 (I have checked the registers I have modified) but RX buffer still void so I don't receive any ATQA data.  Any idea where the problem can come from?

Thanks a lot!

7 Replies

ccanon
Contributor II

Hello Kan Li, 

First of all thanks a lot for your reply!

Yes, I did use it, at the beginning to check that board works and to understand the PICC activation. Our idea now is to control the PN5180 with another hoster, a PSoC 4 chip. What I have done is to disable the SPI communication in the development board by removing resistors 239-r242, and also removed resistors 233 and 235 so busy and IRQ lines aren't connected to the development board microcontroller. Additionally, I have disabled too the AUX2 line (resistor r207). 

I'm trying to control the PN5180 with a PSoC 4 as a host using the pins available in the interface test points (IRQ, 3.3V, PN_RST, SSEL, MOSI, MISO, SCK, BUSY and GND). I've tried both, powering up the board using a usb  and external source, and I always get the same, I'm able to communicate with the chip, but when I send the REQA  I don't get anything on the RX buffer. 

Have a great day.

Carlos

0 Kudos

ccanon
Contributor II

What we are trying to do is to transmit information from one microcontroller (connected to a sensor) to another microcontroller via NFC (sensor side connected to a PICC). Additionally, we want to supply the sensor and microcontroller on the PICC side, with 5-10 mA should be enough, that's why we choose the PN5180, because of the data transfer speed (848 kBit/s), and the current transmission (up to 250 mA). But it's being really complicated to find documentation explaining clearly what do we have to do. For the SPI communication and registers overview, I'm following the "PN5180A0xx/C1/C2" pdf, while to activate TYPE A cards I'm following the "MF0ICU1" pdf. 

Thanks a lot again!

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

The hardware configuration should be ok, but I am not sure if the connection is correct, please refer to the following for details.

pastedImage_1.png

and did you port the nfc reader library to the PSoC 4 chip? It is recommended to build your application based on that library.

NFC Reader Library | NXP 

Have a great day,
Kan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

ccanon
Contributor II

Thanks a lot Kan, 

I'll take a look at the video as soon as I've time. Right now I'm trying to do the same using a RC522 reader (I found more information about this one)

Best regards

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

You are welcome! Please let me know if you have any further question.

Have a great day,
Kan

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

ccanon
Contributor II

And yes, the Cockpit it does work

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Carlos,

Did you use Cockpit with PN5180 EVB? Please refer to the following for details.

pastedImage_1.png

Have a great day,
Kan

Note:

0 Kudos