OM5577/PN7120S compatability with Raspberry Pi 3 B+

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OM5577/PN7120S compatability with Raspberry Pi 3 B+

jdavidson2019
Contributor I

I have tried using the demo images provided to run the PN7120 on Raspberry Pi 3 B+; however, all of them have the rainbow screen, indicating a failed boot. Additionally, I tried installing the software stack on a new image of Raspbian, but it is not communicating via i2c. Any demo or tutorial that I try to follow fails with a communication error via i2c. If Pn7120 is compatible with raspberry pi 3 b+, is there a demo image that has already been configured?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I have got the Raspberry Pi 3B+ board and met the same issue, but when I burn the latest image from https://downloads.raspberrypi.org/raspbian_full_latest and follow the steps from  https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN11697.pdf , the result is fine. Please kindly refer to the following for details.

pastedImage_1.png

Hope that helps,

Have a great day,
Kan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

I have a Raspberry Pi 3 B ver 1.2 on hand and it works well with OM5577, but I am not sure if B+ is also the same, let me  check it later.

I will let you know when I have any more info.

Thanks for your patience!

Have a great day,
Kan

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos