Incorrect RFID detection for PN71506 on Multiple Tap.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect RFID detection for PN71506 on Multiple Tap.

Ganesh_G
Contributor I

Hello Team, 

I have two IC for RFID Tag reading IC PN71501 and PN71506. I am using Linux kernel version 5.4 in that for NXP diver i am using nxp-pn5xx/pn5xx_i2c  and the library is libnfc_nci_linux-1.so.0.0.0

On PN7501 RFID Tag is working fine for multiple Tags, on every tag it showing the correct value of tag for multiple cards. With the same environment for IC PN71506 it not working correctly. For Multiple tag scan it showing previously id tag continuously for every next new tag scan for 7 to 8 times randomly, after that it's scan correctly and again showing the same tag info for every next tag scan.

Can you please help me to fix this issue?

0 Kudos
5 Replies

Fabian_R
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello sir,

Thank you very much for using our products.

As mentioned in section 8 of the Datasheet, the 1 or 6 is the FW variant. In the case of the PN71506, this firmware does contain an anti-tearing mechanism and a collision solution. These features may be producing some malfunctions due to some resolution issue or, a security measure.

Could you please share with us the PN71506 NCI log along with, a photo of how are you placing the Tags? This will help us discard some possible issues.

Best Regards,
Fabian
0 Kudos

Ganesh_G
Contributor I

Hello Fabian,

I have tested with the basic demo of NXP for RFID Poll mode, logs are attached to this post and the image also, which shows how i tapping the card on chip. please find the attachement.

i have one Query regarding the basic nxp demoapp code in cmd_poll() function, here is the code as ,

res = InitMode(0x01, 0x01, 0x00);

if(0x00 == res)
        {
            WaitDeviceArrival(0x01, NULL , 0x00);
        }

DeinitPollMode();

Does i need to do InitMode() and DeinitPollMode() for every single card tap event or InitMode() and DeinitPollMOde() done only once and check RFID tag inside that for every tap event occurs?card and the RFID ICcard and the RFID ICActual card TapActual card Tap
0 Kudos

Fabian_R
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello sir,

Could you please clarify what you mean by "multiple tap". I need to mention once more that, the Anti-tearing mechanism may be producing some issues if the card isn't correctly placed on the reader antenna for the required time.

Best Regards,
Fabian
0 Kudos

Ganesh_G
Contributor I

Hello Fabian,

Multiple Tap means, i have 4 different tag. That 4 tag i used one after another after few 10 to 15 sec(when in logs shows that, "Waiting for a Tag/Device...").

For card placing process, i had place the card on antenna till it shows tag id. for IC PN71501 its showing properly but  on PN71506 its shows previously detected tag or older one for any different tag tap.

0 Kudos

Ganesh_G
Contributor I

Hello Fabian, 

Have you found any solution for above issue? I am still waiting for the solution.

0 Kudos