INTERFACING ATTINY85 and NFC TAG I2C PLUS (NT3H2111)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

INTERFACING ATTINY85 and NFC TAG I2C PLUS (NT3H2111)

Robert11
Contributor II

Hi How do to interface the ATtiny85 and NT3H2111 inorder to send the data from attiny85 to NT3H2111 EEPROM memory through I2C .At present I am interested only in data transfer to EEPROM using I2C and not interested in energy harvesting.Is fd pin and vout(EH) pin of NT3H2111 should be connected with ATTINY85 along with sda ,scl , vcc, gnd pin (only data transfer, no energy harvesting)  

Screenshot_20240330_104301_Gallery.jpg

0 Kudos
4 Replies

KellyLi
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @Robert11 

Since FD high or low may be valid states, it depends on the setting of the configuration register, if FD and Vout are not used, just keeping them open should be ok.

BR

kelly

Robert11
Contributor II
hi, In my project, my microcontroller(attiny85 -master) send ndef formated data to nt3h2111 eprom(slave) through i2c  .when there is nfc field by mobile , the data is shared to mobile device. External power supply is given to both microntroller and nt3h2111 ic (energy harvesting is not required). For this case, whether field detection pin is required or not? 
0 Kudos

KellyLi
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @Robert11 

FD is not required, it all depends on your application requirements. Instead of FD, the polling NS_REG register can be used by the host to get some status.

BR

kelly

Robert11
Contributor II

hi, In my project, my microcontroller(attiny85 -master) send ndef formated data to nt3h2111 eprom(slave) through i2c  .when there is nfc field by mobile , the data is shared to mobile device. External power supply is given to both microntroller and nt3h2111 ic (energy harvesting is not required). For this case, whether field detection pin is required or not? forum.JPG

0 Kudos