I2C communication with NTAG5-LINK

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I2C communication with NTAG5-LINK

poolbear
Contributor II

@Fabian_R So wanted to do I2C communication between NTAG5 link and MKE14f512 base microcontroller to write on nfc tag eeprom memory now can you help me out but providing me with like what are the register I need to write or read before writing on the tag I have already gone through the datasheets and documentation but still little bit confused like  is D5 is the I2C slave address of the tag ? and also what are the sequence of register we have to read and write before we will be able to write on tag  memory 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

poolbear
Contributor II

@Fabian_R 

I tried writting on the tag using on address like 1033-1036 & 1096-1097 as per writting 32 bit 0h but always got 2A nak from tag 

I2c__Initialize(I2C1 ,I2C_100KHZ ,I2C_ADDR_7BITS ,0x54 );
uint8 data[6] = {0};
uint16 memory_address = 0x1094;

data [0] = (memory_address & 0xff00) >> 8;
data[1] = (memory_address & 0x00ff) ;
data[2]=0x00;
data[3] =0x00;
data[4]=0x00;
data[5] =0x00;

can you please guide me  how to write on the tag using i2c read and write commands at least can you give some reference 
0 Kudos

poolbear
Contributor II

Hello @Fabian_R 

Thank You for your speedy response but the issue as it is hard to understand which register in the system and user memory we need read or write before we will be write on the tags eeprom memory so kindly if its possible can you please share the sequence of register we need read and write before writting on tag .I am also sharing the one logic analyzer data which I got when I was working on another tag so I want same type of list of registers name and what value i need to write or read on them  if its possible pls share same type of data 

0 Kudos

Fabian_R
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello sir,

Thank you for using our products, we appreciate it!

We are happy to help.

As is mentioned in section 8.1.3.20, I2C slave configuration settings. The I2C_SLAVE_ADDR is a 7-bit configurable address, the 8th bit is RFU (Table 60). Also, in section 8.3.1.1.5 Addressing Table 229. The Device address bits are shown and, is indicated that these values can be changed but, the NTAG 5 Link address comes from factory settings as (0x54). Please remember that the address value can be modified.

We do have a GUI for both NFC and I2C configuration, please follow the NTAG Evaluation kit link (https://www.nxp.com/products/rfid-nfc/nfc-hf/connected-nfc-tags/ntag-5-development-kits:OM2NTX5332). Scroll down to Software and you will see the NTAG 5 Cockpit. In addition to this, we do have an LPC11u set of examples which I am sure will help you start with some testing.

Unfortunately, we don't have any Middleware that works directly with KE14 but, is possible to migrate the examples.

Best Regards,
Fabian