How to read/write the data to NFC ntagi2c tag from linux by accesing hiddev0/

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to read/write the data to NFC ntagi2c tag from linux by accesing hiddev0/

muthukumarv
Contributor I

By using android app that you have provided, we can able to read/write to the tag successfully. we are planning to read/write directly to tag from linux through hiddev0 using usb ingterface. please suggest some information.

Along with toolkit, we are having NFC USB READER (Rev H), Through this we are not able to read/ write any information via ttyACM0, please provide me with some examples linux code if possible.

0 Kudos
7 Replies

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi MUTHUKUMAR V,

To read/write directly to tag from linux through hiddev0 using usb interface, you have to use dedicated driver to communicate with the NFC USB reader, it should be provided by the vendor of the NFC reader, so would you please specify which NFC USB reader you are using now?

Thanks for your patience!

Have a great day,
Kan Li
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

muthukumarv
Contributor I

Thanks Li,

I am having PC-based PN544PC NFC reader using the NXP LPC11U24 and NFC

Explorer Board with Class 4 antenna, for reference please visit

https://nxp-rfid.com/products/ntag/ntag-i2c-explorer-kit-contents/

For the above kit, i am planning to read/write to the tag from the desktop

linux. can you please suggest the driver for the above kit to write /read

to NFC tag through the USB interface from the desktop linux. I am having

the libnfc driver for ARM based board to NFC tag through i2c interface, but

my requirement is to writing the data from Desktop linux USB to the tag

directly.

Its time for u to lead.......

With Smile....

V.MUTHUKUMAR

On Sun, Oct 9, 2016 at 8:31 AM, Kan_Li <admin@community.freescale.com>

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi V.MUTHUKUMAR,

Would you please clarify if your application is a USB NFC reader or just linux desktop GUI ? and what kind of the certificate will be required?

Actually the NFC reader in https://nxp-rfid.com/products/ntag/ntag-i2c-explorer-kit-contents/  is an old product, for now, we recommend NPC100/300 for PC application ,and PN7150 for Linux OR Android application. 

Wish it helps.

Have a great day,
Kan Li
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

muthukumarv
Contributor I

Hi LI,

All i need is writing/reading to the NFC tag from the desktop LINUX(either

GUI or from command) through the USB interface.

I don't want the way the compiled linux on i2c supported board like

rasperry pi.

As you have suggested PN7150 will support for my requirement?

Thanks,

MUTHUKUMAR V

With Smile....

V.MUTHUKUMAR

MOBILE NUMBER:+91-8012368415

On Tue, Oct 11, 2016 at 12:57 PM, Kan_Li <admin@community.freescale.com>

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi V.MUTHUKUMAR,

From my understanding, your application just has to communicate with the controller on the NFC reader, and let the controller pass the command to the NFC reader chip and exchange data with NFC tag, and we have examples for Kinetis and LPC which work with PN7150, I think you may start from there. Please kindly refer to http://cache.nxp.com/documents/software/SW3735.zip and http://cache.nxp.com/documents/software/SW3241.zip  for details.

Wish it helps.

Have a great day,
Kan Li

0 Kudos

muthukumarv
Contributor I

Thanks LI,

yes, I am planning to talk to controller of NFC reader, therby read/write

to the NFC tag. I need this to be done in LINUX platform.

Attached Kinetis and LPC which work with PN7150 seems not on linux based.

I am having PC-based PN544PC NFC reader using the NXP LPC11U24

microcontroller, can i make use of this ?

Else please suggest a new arrival which suits for my thirst.

Thanks

MUTHUKUMAR V

With Smile....

V.MUTHUKUMAR

MOBILE NUMBER:+91-8012368415

On Wed, Oct 12, 2016 at 11:01 AM, Kan_Li <admin@community.freescale.com>

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi V.MUTHUKUMAR,

Of course you may use the PC-based PN544PC NFC reader using the NXP LPC11U24, but we don't have a linux based GUI or command for this reader, only the window based GUI available, maybe you have to develop the linux desktop application by yourself.

Sorry for the inconvenience that might cause.

Have a great day,
Kan Li

0 Kudos