cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLRC663 on dedicated I2C

AKel
Contributor I

Hello,

Can I connect the microcontroller through a dedicated I2C (SCL2, SDA2) interface or is it reserved for the SAM unit only?

On the new IC the address should be 010110 but I can't get the response from the IC to read the ID register address 0x7F.

I can do it using the I2C, SPI or UART interfaces selected by the IFSEL inputs.

Regards

AKel

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Fabian_R
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, my name is Fabian, I've been assigned to support your case.
Thank you very much for your interest in using our products.
Since MIFARE SAM can be connected either by I2C or SPI. SPI, I2C, or UART can connect the host MCU. CLRC663 pins 23 and 24 are for I2C and pins 28 to 31 can be used either by a secondary I2C, SPI, or UART. Please keep in mind that pin 26 and 27. If you are using our evaluation board and trying to communicate with an external MCU, it is required to modify some resistor configuration. These are shown in the next community document. https://community.nxp.com/t5/NXP-Designs-Knowledge-Base/How-to-port-the-NFC-Reader-Library-to-Kineti...

Best Regards,
Fabian
0 Kudos

AKel
Contributor I

Hi Fabian,

Thank you for information.

Yes i use NXP development board CLEV6630B V2.0 and those pins 23, 24 are not available for external connection. Using IFSEL0 and IFSEL1 i choosed on this board SPI, UART and I2C and i confirm they work well, but becasue we made PCB with connection to I2C pins 23,24 i try to use this secondary I2C interfeace to HOST connection, else we will make new one with connection to IF0-IF3 one of interfeace.

On dev. board and our own there is no answer on address 0x58 ( default), looking for description on point 8.4.5.1 of datasheet to CLR663 Rev, 5.2

Best Regards

AKel

0 Kudos