Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLRC663 Commands

Jump to solution
mgaschler
Contributor II

Hi,

Is there an example for using the CLRC663 commands to read an ISO15693 tag? I am able to successfully access the CLRC663 registers over I2C but am looking for a guide on how to configure the registers and which commands to use to successfully read a tag as it appears that many of them need to be adjusted. I would just like to read the UID of the tag. Thanks.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
fangfang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @mgaschler 

Sorry for the late response and due to I can't get the feedback from the related team.

But you may refer to the Example Code - Inventory - ISO 15693 of the AN12657 and there is helpful for your application. 

PS: RC663 is working via SPI in the AN.  It is just the difference with the communication.

Have a nice day.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
gredpath
Contributor III

Have you managed to configure the NFCRdLIb to work over I2C, and could you share how this was done?

0 Kudos
mgaschler
Contributor II

I am using U-Boot to communicate with the CLRC663 on the CLEV6630B development board. Some modifications to the board were necessary in order to enable I2C, but otherwise it was pretty straightforward hardware-wise.

0 Kudos
fangfang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @mgaschler 

You can refer to the information as the attachment.

Have a nice day.

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos
mgaschler
Contributor II

Hi @fangfang,

Thank you for the reply. I have a few questions:

1. What is the .jcf file?

2. When I try to run the attached script in Cockpit, I get the following error: 

CockpitError.png

Do you know why this may be happening?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
mgaschler
Contributor II

Hi @fangfang,

I believe I found the issue with the above error. It looks like line 72 was missing a colon and should have been:

:L_WaitTransceiveFinished
ReadRegister IRQ1_REG $test
JumpIfBitN $test 0x40 :L_WaitTransceiveFinished

When I made the change, I no longer get the error. However, now my Cockpit crashes when it reaches this part of the code. After doing some testing, I discovered it was because the value of IRQ1_REG is 0x43, not 0x40, so it gets stuck in an infinite loop. Do you know how I can fix this? If I change the 0x40 value to 0x43, it fixes the infinite loop problem but then I receive no data in the FIFO when trying to read an NFC tag. Thanks.

0 Kudos
mgaschler
Contributor II

Hi @fangfang,

Do you have any ideas about what I said above? Thanks.

0 Kudos
fangfang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @mgaschler 

Sorry for the late response and due to I can't get the feedback from the related team.

But you may refer to the Example Code - Inventory - ISO 15693 of the AN12657 and there is helpful for your application. 

PS: RC663 is working via SPI in the AN.  It is just the difference with the communication.

Have a nice day.

Note:

0 Kudos
Sandeep_Pawar
Contributor I

Hi,

Can you please tell  me that the examples given in  AN12657 doc can read tags from smartphones as well or it can only read passive tags?

Thanks and regards

Sandeep pawar

0 Kudos
mgaschler
Contributor II

Hi @fangfang,

AN12657 was exactly what I was looking for! By following the example code and setting the registers using I2C, I was able to read tags successfully. Thank you so much for your help!

0 Kudos