Android NFC service startup time

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android NFC service startup time

c_adharumaraj
Contributor I

We are using a PN553 NFC reader on our hardware running android pie. The PN553 communicates with the controller over i2c in fast mode. The NFC service comes up and we are able to scan NFC tags but the issue is the NFC service startup time. It takes about 30 seconds for the service to come up

Due to user interaction constraints the NFC service is sometimes shutdown and restarted by the end user. When this happens, the delay of 30 seconds before the NFC reader responds is unacceptable

Has anyone experienced this issue when working with PN553 and android pie? Any pointers on how to reduce the service startup time will be highly appreciated.

We are using the NXP provided HAL code and the standard Android NFC service.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport
0 Kudos

c_adharumaraj
Contributor I

Hi Jimmychan,

Apologies for the late response. We are not on the latest firmware yet.

But turns out the issue was the NXP_DEFAULT_NFCEE_DISC_TIMEOUT value in the configuration file. This, we gather is the embedded element discovery timeout. This was set to 20 in our configuration file.

Since we didnt have an Embedded element in our design, it was pushing the service start time by that many seconds. We reduced this value and the service startup time has reduced.

0 Kudos