cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

U40 Load Switches Configuration

Vast-Horizon
Contributor I

Hello,

I'm working with a s32K358 and some contactor. One step of closing the contactors is "Make sure U40 OUT #3 is active and provides power supply for contactor drivers."

VastHorizon_0-1717537061213.png

I wonder what configuration I should go through to activate the OUT 3. I didn't find the corresponding pin in S32 configuration toolbox.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Reply

mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @Vast-Horizon ,

If my assumption is correct, you are using the RD-K358BMU HVBMS design. In this custom design, the power for the contactors is controlled via the OUT3 of the U40. The U40 is the 17XS6500 high-side switch communicating with the MCU via the SPI Interface.  

"I wonder what configuration I should go through to activate the OUT 3. I didn't find the corresponding pin in the S32 configuration toolbox."

To control the outputs of the U40, you have to send such commands to the U40 via the SPI. So you don't have actually a pin assigned to the MCU to control directly the U40 outputs.

The main steps for achieving such a task are:

• go to S32CT and configure the SPI 3 pins, for the LOAD SW.
  • in S32CT, make sure the clock for the SPI 3 is enabled.
  • in S32CT, go to the SPI component, and configure the SPI3 to match the settings required by the 17XS6500, alongside their channels and transmit sequences.
  • in S32CT, in the Platform component, enable the interrupt required by the SPI 3 instance
  • in Simulink, you can now put together the communication sequence and use the SPI blocks to communicate with the U40.

As an example, you can have a look at the pressure sensor reading delivered with the k358bmu_read_s32ct, in the MBDT for BMS 1.1.0. This example configures the SPI instance for the pressure sensor and in Simulink, it reads the value using the SPI commands.

Hope this helps,

Marius

0 Kudos