cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Task execution time monitoring using MBDT MIMXRT1170 EVK

esantana
Contributor III

Hello, 

I want to measure the execution time for my application.

How can I do this one? 

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
13 Replies

stefancinipeanu
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @esantana 

For measuring code execution, you can check this post where is explained how this can be achieved, using a general timer.

Regards,

Stefan.

esantana
Contributor III

Hello @stefancinipeanu 

I have tried to replicate the model done in the post you shared, but I'm using another development board. For this reason, I can't load the blocks used in that model. Can you help me with my board toolbox blocks to implement the same functionality?

Thanks in advance,

Eleder

0 Kudos

stefancinipeanu
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @esantana 

Which devkit are you using? I assumed from the subject title that you are using the MIMXRT1170 EVK along with MBDT for IMXRT platform.

Regards,

Stefan.

0 Kudos

esantana
Contributor III

Hi @stefancinipeanu

Yes, I'm using MIMXRT1170 EVK but when I open your model I see some blocks like in the following picture:

esantana_0-1667404421932.png

Thanks,

Eleder

0 Kudos

stefancinipeanu
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, @esantana 

The model presented in that post was made for IMXRT1010 EVK. I apologize for the misunderstanding. I have remade the model for IMXRT1170 EVK and I will attach it to this post.

Let me know if the error persists. Also, which version of the toolbox and MATLAB are you using?

Best regards,

Stefan.

0 Kudos

esantana
Contributor III

Hello @stefancinipeanu 

Don't worry, thanks a lot for attaching the new design.

However, when I open it I see it as in the previous post. It appears this message when I open the design.

esantana_0-1667468657678.png

The Matlab version I'm using is R2020b and you can see the installed toolbox in the following picture:

esantana_1-1667471125515.png

Thanks in advance,

Eleder

0 Kudos

stefancinipeanu
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Ok, so I see that you`re using the version 1.2.0 of the toolbox. We suggest to install the latest version of the IMXRT MBD toolbox because with the latest version(v 1.3.0) we have enhanced the toolbox functionalities and capabilities and we have also refactored many of the peripherals and features supported, including timer blocks. We`ve also delivered a newer SDK and MCUXpresso ConfigTools (version 2.11)

For example, in this case of profiling using timers, in the version 1.2.0 we did not have the Timer StartStop block for letting the user to control a selected timer starting and/or stopping the counting. All the starting, stopping and getting the current count value of a timer were included in the same block, being difficult for users to use it. In the latest version, we have separated these functionalities in 2 blocks. One block for controlling the timer and one for getting the current value of the timer, as depicted below:

stefancinipeanu_0-1667475707370.png

That is also the main reason why those errors of "Unresolved Link" appear in your model. Because Simulink cannot find those timers blocks that do not exist in the version 1.2.0 of the toolbox. Try to install the latest version of the toolbox and open again the profiling model that I have sent to you.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Stefan.

0 Kudos

esantana
Contributor III

Hi @stefancinipeanu,

First of all, thanks a lot for your help.

I have not been able to test your model with the updated versions. I will try it and give you feedback, wether it works or not.

Regards,

Eleder

0 Kudos

esantana
Contributor III

Hi @stefancinipeanu ,

I tried running your model in the evaluation board but I got the following errors. I attach a document with the messages displayed on the console.

Thanks in advance,

Eleder

0 Kudos

stefancinipeanu
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello, @esantana 

Did you uninstall the old version of the toolbox and install the latest one? I assumed that are some conflicts between codertarget data from the two toolbox versions.

Also, if you install successfully the latest version of the toolbox, did you try to run and build a simple model from our examples? for example, a GPIO polling model.

Regards,

Stefan.

0 Kudos

esantana
Contributor III

Hello @stefancinipeanu

Yes, I'm working with the new version of the toolbox. I tried running GPIO_polling example and it works correctly. 

Regards,

Eleder

0 Kudos

stefancinipeanu
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello, @esantana 

So as far as I see in the report that you`ve sent, the build process is failing because there is no fsl_lpuart_cmsis.h file. The LPUART component is the main serial communication for the FreeMASTER tool that is used to visualize the variable that is going to store the ticks for code profiling.

Can you also try to run the FreeMASTER example from the toolbox? 

Do you have installed the FreeMASTER tool?

Did you make any modifications inside the configuration mex file attached to the model?

That header file shouldn`t be used in any of the build project. On my side, I cannot reproduce the problem that you are facing.

Regards,

Stefan.

0 Kudos

esantana
Contributor III

Hi @stefancinipeanu ,

I changed the installation path of the toolbox and now your example works correctly. However, I can't monitorize the ticks using freeMASTER because I can't connect the board with freeMASTER app. I attached the error window when I try to connect using the connection wizard.

esantana_0-1669648547910.png

Thanks in advance,

Eleder

0 Kudos