Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MC33771 Cell balancing MBD tool box

Jump to solution
krishnareddy
Contributor II

Hello all

I want understand the Cell Balancing tool boxes which are available at NXP external library, I didnt find much information at MATLAB help/documentation of block.

My question is

I have developed balancing  Algorithm based on cell voltage, suppose I have to balance 6 cells. my algorithm know which cell has to balance & when, Ok How make use of blocks , how to setup those block for all my six cells. specially  this block I am not getting how to set up MC3377xB_CB_Set_individual like How to set up for 6 cells.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Maryreily
Contributor I

Hello,

The MC33771 Cell Balancing MBD (Model-Based Design) toolbox provided by NXP is designed to support the implementation of cell balancing algorithms for battery management systems. This toolbox includes various blocks that can be used in MATLAB Simulink to facilitate cell balancing operations.

To set up the MC3377xB_CB_Set_individual block for six cells, you will need to replicate the block for each cell individually. Here's a step-by-step guide:

Start by adding six instances of the MC3377xB_CB_Set_individual block to your Simulink model. You can do this by copying and pasting the block multiple times.

Each instance of the MC3377xB_CB_Set_individual block represents one cell. Assign a unique cell number to each block instance. For example, Cell 1, Cell 2, Cell 3, and so on, up to Cell 6.

Configure the parameters of each block instance according to your balancing algorithm's requirements. The specific parameters will depend on the functionality provided by the block and the settings you need for your algorithm. Consult the documentation or user guide provided with the toolbox for details on the available parameters and their usage.

Connect the input signals to each block instance as needed. These input signals will typically include information such as cell voltage measurements, balancing control signals, and timing signals, depending on your algorithm's design.

Connect the output signals from each block instance to the appropriate components of your model. These output signals will typically include the control signals for cell balancing switches or devices.

Ensure that all the necessary connections are made and that the signals flow correctly within your Simulink model.

Once the setup is complete, you can simulate and validate the behavior MCDVOICE of your cell balancing algorithm using the MC33771 Cell Balancing MBD toolbox blocks.

Remember to refer to the documentation and examples provided with the toolbox for detailed information on how to use each block and how to integrate them into your battery management system model effectively.

I hope the information helps you. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
terryvoice
Contributor I

Thank you. Your example didn't work for me but I managed to fix it, which was basically the same thing!

McDVoice

0 Kudos
krishnareddy
Contributor II

From the above explanation I got to know CB_SET_individual block has to be assigned for individual cell, this has 3 inputs ( cell index, enable/disable balance( boolean),timer. but I am still  getting confused on  how to assign Cell index ?

MC3377xB_Get_Values From this block I can read individual cell voltage, then I am  sending these values to my balancing algorithm & output of algorithm is in Boolean. It defines that which cell has to be triggered to balance so , we will send this data to Enable & disable input  to BC_set_individual block & timer can be set it by using constant block. but how to assign the index input of that block or what type of value has to be fed?

one example is fine to understand

0 Kudos
Maryreily
Contributor I

Hello,

The MC33771 Cell Balancing MBD (Model-Based Design) toolbox provided by NXP is designed to support the implementation of cell balancing algorithms for battery management systems. This toolbox includes various blocks that can be used in MATLAB Simulink to facilitate cell balancing operations.

To set up the MC3377xB_CB_Set_individual block for six cells, you will need to replicate the block for each cell individually. Here's a step-by-step guide:

Start by adding six instances of the MC3377xB_CB_Set_individual block to your Simulink model. You can do this by copying and pasting the block multiple times.

Each instance of the MC3377xB_CB_Set_individual block represents one cell. Assign a unique cell number to each block instance. For example, Cell 1, Cell 2, Cell 3, and so on, up to Cell 6.

Configure the parameters of each block instance according to your balancing algorithm's requirements. The specific parameters will depend on the functionality provided by the block and the settings you need for your algorithm. Consult the documentation or user guide provided with the toolbox for details on the available parameters and their usage.

Connect the input signals to each block instance as needed. These input signals will typically include information such as cell voltage measurements, balancing control signals, and timing signals, depending on your algorithm's design.

Connect the output signals from each block instance to the appropriate components of your model. These output signals will typically include the control signals for cell balancing switches or devices.

Ensure that all the necessary connections are made and that the signals flow correctly within your Simulink model.

Once the setup is complete, you can simulate and validate the behavior MCDVOICE of your cell balancing algorithm using the MC33771 Cell Balancing MBD toolbox blocks.

Remember to refer to the documentation and examples provided with the toolbox for detailed information on how to use each block and how to integrate them into your battery management system model effectively.

I hope the information helps you. 

0 Kudos
krishnareddy
Contributor II
Thanks for support, explanation was really helpfully
0 Kudos