cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MBDT + Referenced Models recompiles everything

mikel1
Contributor II

Hi!

I'm working with the Model Based Design Toolbox to develop a fairly complex program for the MPC5744P. The Simulink model is quite big, so it takes a long time to recompile every time we make a small change. To speed things up, I wanted to use Referenced Models in Simulink. This way, I could precompile some of the subsystems, and every time I want to make a change, I would only have to recompile the subsystem that holds it and the complete model. I think this would speed compilation by a lot.

My original idea was leaving all interface the blocks in MBDT (communications, interrupts…) in the main model, and put the subsystems that use only Simulink blocks into Referenced Models. However, it seems that for the MPC5744P toolbox, it is also necessary to add the MBD_MPC574x_Config_Information block for all Referenced Model. According to this link, this seems to be the case for some of the toolboxes:

MBDT with Referenced Models - NXP Community

But when I do this, Simulink recompiles all Referenced Models every time, even if they haven’t changed. I believe it is because of the MBD_MPC574x_Config_Information block. I have not found any particular information on precompiled Referenced Models for MBDT, but I have found a similar case for Speadgoat in which some custom blocks caused this behaviour:

https://es.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/answers/723158-simulink-reference-model-keeps-compiling#answe...

Is there any way to get around this so that Referenced Models are not recompiled? I would rather not use the MBD_MPC574x_Config_Information block on Referenced Models and use only regular Simulink blocks. But Simulink forces me to use the same TLC (mbd_mpc574x.tlc) in the main model and in the Referenced Models, and using this TLC forces me to use MBD_MPC574x_Config_Information.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

I have moved your post to MBDT community.

Best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos