cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can not connect the S32K144 board to Simulink

mgomez
Contributor II

Hello, 

I have been trying to connect my S32K144EVB-Q100 board to Simulink but when implememnting the hardware I cannot chose the option of the board, it does not appear. I have downloaded all the MBDT of this S32K1xx board and everything it is related to. What can I do to solve this problem? I do not know if it is a problem of MBDT or what. Maybe I need to download something else?

Here in the picture you can see that I do not have any option for the mentioned board.

mgomez_0-1677669404666.png

I would appreciate an answer as soon as possible, 

Thank you!

0 Kudos
3 Replies

stefancinipeanu
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @mgomez 

The NXP Model Based Design Toolbox for S32K1xx platform is not build upon MATLAB`s Coder Target framework. That is the reason why you won`t see the S32K1xx family in that hardware drop-down.

To configure a model for code generation for S32K1xx platform, you have to drag and drop from Simulink Library Browser a configuration block, called MBD_S32K1xx_Config_Information. You can find this block inside the Library Browser -> NXP Model-Based Design Toolbox for S32K1xx MCUs -> S32K1xx Core, System, Peripherals and Utilities library, as shown in the image below:

stefancinipeanu_0-1677846878256.png

With this block, you will be able to choose a platform from S32K1xx supported MCUs, package, SRAM, Clock configurations, make Toolchain settings and also choose some target connection settings.

stefancinipeanu_1-1677847003118.png

After, you set everything up, you can build and deploy your model, using the Embedded Coder App.

stefancinipeanu_2-1677847090137.png

Hope this helps!

Best regards,

Stefan.

0 Kudos

FodorImo
Contributor I

hello for i.MX RT 1xxx there is no such block under Core, System, Perpiherals.. and going directly to Model configuration in Simulink under Hardware implementation the board is not recognized.. also the mbdt examples dont seem to work without MCUExpresso.. what are the steps after installing mbdt in order to perform PIL?

0 Kudos

stefancinipeanu
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello, @FodorImo 

The MBD Toolbox for S32K1 has a different approach and a slightly different architecture when configuring a Simulink model for hardware testing and deployment of the generated code. The S32K1 MBDT uses a custom configuration block to set up the target MCU, while the i.MXRT MBDT uses the codertarget framework that allows the user to make all the necessary hardware configurations directly from the model settings.

Regarding your issue with unrecognized i.MXRT board, we are not aware of this kind of problem for the latest MBDT. Please, open another thread in our NXP MBDT Community because this one is related to S32K1 platform. Also, please try to explain with more details what your use-case is, as this could help another community contributors that could find the same problem. Then we will try to replicate it and come up with a valid solution.

Thank you!

Regards,

Stefan.

0 Kudos