Global interrupt - MBDT

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Global interrupt - MBDT

abdelrhman
Contributor III

I'm using the model based design toolbox of MPC5744P microcontroller in developing my SW. I've tried to disable the global interrupts by calling the API named INT_SYS_DisableIRQGlobal() but it didn't work. The model has been built successfully and the code is generated. However, all the interrupts are still working even after calling this API.
I tried the same function by building a project using S32 design studio and it works and it did disable all the interrupts.
It is worthy to mention that when I tried to disable a local interrupt like CAN messages buffers of MBDT based project, it works too. The problem was only related to the global interrupt API.
 I don't know why this behavior happened.

Is there anything enabling the global interrupt in the generated code of the simulink based projects ?
or something like that ?

Thank you 

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Maryreily
Contributor I

I'm using the model based design toolbox of MPC5744P microcontroller in developing my SW. I've tried to disable the global interrupts by calling the API named INT_SYS_DisableIRQGlobal() but it didn't work. The model has been built successfully and the code is generated. However, all the interrupts are still working even after calling this API.
I tried the same function by building a project using S32 design studio and it works and it did disable all the interrupts.
It is worthy to mention that when I tried to disable a local interrupt like CAN messages buffers of MBDT based project, it works too. The problem was only related to the global interrupt API.
I don't know why this behavior happened.

Is there anything enabling the global interrupt in the generated code of the simulink based projects ?
or something like that ?

Thank you

Hello,

In the Model-Based Design Toolbox (MBDT) for the MPC5744P microcontroller, you have attempted to disable global interrupts using the INT_SYS_DisableIRQGlobal() API, but it seems to have no effect. However, when you used the S32 Design Studio, the same function successfully disabled all interrupts. You're wondering why this behavior occurred and if there is anything specific enabling global interrupts in the generated code of Simulink-based projects.

It's important to note that without specific knowledge of the MBDT version you're using and the exact details of your project configuration, I can provide some general insights and suggestions.

First of all check interrupt priority levels and verify interrupt configuration. Also review code generation settings. Then examine interrupt management code. 

If this information helps you, please mark the answer as a best. 

0 Kudos