cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Code generated by mbdtool not excute on the MPC5744p revE board

m15871781742
Contributor II

Hello all,

I recently purchased a MPC5744P DEVKIT from NXP and received the Rev E. I flashed the bootloader with the the new RBF file . 

However, my devkit is behaving wierdly now.I came across the following scenarios:

1) When i flash the devkit using Simulink, the flashing is successful. (i say successful because it shows all the steps in RAppID: erasing, and flashing percentage etc.). After flashing is complete, the code does not execute. I tried flashing the simple simlpe LED blinking example provided by NXP, but even that flashes successfully but does not execute.

Please let me know if anyone can help me fix this issue.

Thanks in advance

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
9 Replies

mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello m15871781742@163.com‌,

Thank you for your fast response. Since I cannot reproduce the issue on my side, can you do the below action, please?

1. Please test the board using an external power supply.
  2. Please try flashing using the RappID Bootloader the gpio_mpc574x.mot attached and see if this works. The blue LED should blink.
  3. Check the board with the simple application attached MPC5744P_GHS_Base_Flash_startup_simple, which only sets the system clock to PLL with/without Progressive frequency switching(PCFS). See attached simple code that can be used for the test (there is enabled the PCFS but it can be easily modified by changing the macro ED_PCS to OFF). Please debug it with the S32DS and tell me the line in which the program fails.

Thank you very much for your support!

Kind Regards,

Marius

0 Kudos

m15871781742
Contributor II

未命名图片.png

0 Kudos

m15871781742
Contributor II

Hello,Marius.

Thanks for your reply.I have read your advice.

For the first advice,i do not have an external power supply,and i will buy one.

For the second advice .I have tried,but the blue LED didn't blink.I don't know if i have performed the correct action.

For the third advice, I can't find the MPC5744P_GHS_Base_Flash_startup_simple in my simulink toolbox, can you tell me where is it?Or can you send me the code?

Thank you very much.

SHAO Jianbo

0 Kudos

mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello m15871781742@163.com‌,

For the second advice, the generated mot file had some changes, and if you have flashed it in the screenshots from the second message, it means that you have flash it correct.

For the third advice, this is more like a test. Since I can not reproduce this issue on my side, debugging the code that I've sent you in the zip archive would probably get stuck at some line. So if you can, please run the elf from the archive in the S32DS for PA and send a feedback  if you manage to find the unlucky line.

Thank you,

Marius 

0 Kudos

m15871781742
Contributor II

Hello Marius,

Sorry I didn't see that you have send me the file.This time ,I tried the file you send me.

For the first advice, I find an external supply. The LED still not blink.

For the second advice, the blue LED still not blink.

For the third advice, I used the elf by S32DS,1.jpg2.jpg5.png7.png8.png9.png10.png the board didn't change the state.I put some screenshots below.

Thanks you

0 Kudos

m15871781742
Contributor II

未命名图片.png

0 Kudos

mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello SHAO Jianbo‌,

On some boards, some of our clients encountered this problem too. But I can't reproduce it on our boards, because on all our Rev E the generated code is running as expected. I was investigating this remotely with another client and the conclusion is that once the external clock is initialized, the execution crashes. 

Please send me the code from the actual MCU (SPC5744PFMLQ9 1N15P QMZDR1913R) and I will ask further.

Marius

0 Kudos

eusebiu_bivol
Contributor II

Hi @mariuslucianand ,

Do you have updates regarding this topic?
I am encountering now the same exact issue.

I have a project build with Processor Expert and two MPC5744P development boards with the following MCU codes:
- QMZDR1913R
- QMZFT1928J

The second one works perfectly, but the first one gets stuck when configuring the clocks via CLOCK_DRV_Init function with the following disassembly instructions:

eusebiu_bivol_0-1648564366592.png

On the other hand, with the QMZDR1913R, I can run without problems the AN12017 SW (3-Phase PMSM Development Kit with MPC5744P), where the clocks configuration is identical to what I have configured in PE.

Please let me know if you have updates regarding this topic. Thank you!

0 Kudos

m15871781742
Contributor II

Hello,Marius.

thanks for your reply.my MCU code is SPC5744PFMLQ9 1N15P QMZDR1913T 

0 Kudos