Code doesn't work after reset in mpc5775b evb

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Code doesn't work after reset in mpc5775b evb

sonik82
Contributor III

I am trying to check model with basic CAN communication with using FCAN blocks, but after flashing to MCU code works only until reset. To flash code I am using USB Multilink and same flashing configuration works fine with other builds made without FCAN blocks. 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

sonik82
Contributor III

@Mitchell48 

My solution is using "Download code after build" option in MCU configuration block, but it works only once. Therefore, I use following steps:

1. Flash MCU via Multilink (any image)

2. Generate and build new code which uses flexcan by Simulink and MBDT with "Download code after build" setting

3. Before next build with flexcan flash MCU via Multilink

OR

To use Multilink for all test builds and use "Download code after build" option for release version.

0 Kudos

mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @sonik82@Mitchell48 ,

Sorry for my delayed answer!

So, you are trying to download the generated elf directly to the board using the Multilink and when you reset the code is not workring? Or, you are trying with the RappId Bootloader and the code is not working after reset?

Regards,

Marius

0 Kudos

sonik82
Contributor III

Hello @mariuslucianand 

In my case I try to download generated elf file using Multilink with these settings: 

sonik82_0-1625493430029.png

sonik82_1-1625493495924.png

and after reset the code is not working.

In same time when I choose option "Download code after build" and use the RappId Bootloader, I am not facing same issue.

sonik82_2-1625493616065.png

Best regards,

Denis

0 Kudos

sonik82
Contributor III

Same issue I have got with flexcan_echo_mpc5777c example model from MBD toolbox, MCU doesn't work after reset.

0 Kudos

sonik82
Contributor III

I guess the root cause is somewhere in code generation settings. When I selected "Download Code after build" option and used COM port to flash MCU, after reset code works fine. Then I have used elf file from this build to flash MCU again with using Multilink and code works fine again even after reset.

изображение_2021-06-16_205749.png

0 Kudos