web_hvac runs fine on TWR-K70, but gives 'Out of Memory' task errors

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

web_hvac runs fine on TWR-K70, but gives 'Out of Memory' task errors

GeneGoff
Contributor III

The web_hvac Demo project straight from MXQ 4.0 runs fine on the TWR-K70 system, but if I suspend execution and look at the MQX Task Summary, the TCP/IP and httpd server tasks always have a Task Error Code of 'Out of Memory (0x0004), even if the program only runs a few seconds and I never request a web page.  Anyone know what is causing this and how to increase the memory allocated to these two tasks?  The stack for these tasks has not overflowed, so it is not out of stack memory.  The RTCS_MINIMUM_FOOTPRINT is defined by default as this project comes, which gives _RTCSPCB_max = 20 which seems plenty, and increasing to 40 makes no difference.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Martin_
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I met similar problem recently, with my application it was caused by the default value for RTCSCFG_SOCKET_PART_GROW which is set to zero (rtcscfg.h) in case of RTCS_MINIMUM_FOOTPRINT. Thus, I overwrite the defaults in my application, before a call to RTCS_create():

_RTCS_socket_part_init  = 4;

_RTCS_socket_part_grow  = 4;

_RTCS_socket_part_max  = 12;

GeneGoff
Contributor III

Thanks Martin, but these Configurable Globals were already configued as

you have prescribed, in the project's RTCS.c file, except that

RTCSsocket_part_grow = 2;

Which I changed to 4 and it made no difference. I still get TCP/IP and httpd server tasks 'Out of Memory (0x0004)' task errors after only a few seconds after the program runs, and even before any web pages are requested.

0 Kudos

Martin_
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I just tried MQX 4.0.1 web_hvac on TWR-K70F120M with CodeWarrior 10.4 (all default settings) and I get this:

web_hvac.PNG.png

This test on a very small network, only PC and TWR, connected via router. Router is not connected to WLAN.

0 Kudos