cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two questions for MQX versions

Jump to solution
huishao2
Contributor IV

1. Where can I find the version number of my MQX being  used?

2. After upgrading to MQX 4.1.1, the data type like uint_8 are all changed to something like uint8_t. Where is the proper place to resolve such backward compatibility issues?

Thanks!

Hui

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
LuisCasado
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

For the #2, check the Getting started guide :

3 Porting User Applications to MQX RTOS version 4.1.0

Starting with the MQX RTOS version 4.1.0, the standard C99 integer and boolean types (from stdlib.h and stdbool.h) are

used instead of the proprietary MQX types. When porting the application to the MQX RTOS version 4.1.0, compilation

issues could occur. The psptypes_legacy.h header file is available and contains the definition of the MQX legacy types. This

file can be included in the MQX application to overcome most of the compilation problems caused by the change of types.

To avoid potential problems, adopt the C99 types in your application.

For the #1 I use to check the release notes version in the installed folder. But perhaps there is other place to look at.

Luis

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
nitinharish
Contributor V

For #1:

See the "_mqx_version" string in here for e.g.:

C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_1\mqx\source\kernel\mqx.c

This will give you the exact build.

LuisCasado
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

For the #2, check the Getting started guide :

3 Porting User Applications to MQX RTOS version 4.1.0

Starting with the MQX RTOS version 4.1.0, the standard C99 integer and boolean types (from stdlib.h and stdbool.h) are

used instead of the proprietary MQX types. When porting the application to the MQX RTOS version 4.1.0, compilation

issues could occur. The psptypes_legacy.h header file is available and contains the definition of the MQX legacy types. This

file can be included in the MQX application to overcome most of the compilation problems caused by the change of types.

To avoid potential problems, adopt the C99 types in your application.

For the #1 I use to check the release notes version in the installed folder. But perhaps there is other place to look at.

Luis

0 Kudos