Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RTCS Out of Memory after sending 500 EMails

Jump to solution
Stefan_75
Contributor II

Hi,

i've made an EMail implementation like in the security email demo.

To make a test i'm sending every 3 seconds an email. After 500 mails the RTCS Task is out of Memory. At this moment creating a socket is possible, bind() also, but connect() returns error 0x1612 (RTCSERR_TCPIP_NO_BUFFS).

RTCSTASK_stacksize is set to 4000. 

Anyone any idea?

Thanks for any hint.

Stefan

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Stefan_75
Contributor II

Hi,

I'm shutting down the socket before receiving all TCP messages at the end. In my case I'm sending a lot of EMails in a very short time. It seems to me, when I'm shutting down the socket, the rest of the incomming messages in the buffer for the expired socket won't be removed from the buffer, or it takes a longer time. But this didn't explain, why the task is out of memory. For my understanding, if the buffer is full, the RTCS should refuse any more messages.

Now I'm wating for the TCP [FIN] message and I don't have the problem any more. (Tested for > 3000 EMails). Shutting down don't generate a [RST] message any more.

Stefan

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Stefan_75
Contributor II

Hi,

I'm shutting down the socket before receiving all TCP messages at the end. In my case I'm sending a lot of EMails in a very short time. It seems to me, when I'm shutting down the socket, the rest of the incomming messages in the buffer for the expired socket won't be removed from the buffer, or it takes a longer time. But this didn't explain, why the task is out of memory. For my understanding, if the buffer is full, the RTCS should refuse any more messages.

Now I'm wating for the TCP [FIN] message and I don't have the problem any more. (Tested for > 3000 EMails). Shutting down don't generate a [RST] message any more.

Stefan

0 Kudos
ARQuattr
Contributor IV

Stefan Gaertner wrote:

Now I'm wating for the TCP [FIN] message ...

Hi Stefan, could you please show how you are doing this? Thanks

0 Kudos