cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about .lcf file settings

elel
Contributor III

Hi Everybody.

I'm trying to develop a bootloader that works with the mqx 3.5.1.

I'm started from the bootloader developed in the AN3297, and I've done some change in way to read a file from a usb pen and than update the software with the content of the file.

My question is: I want to compile the bootloader into the same project of the application, how I have to set the .lcf file?

I do this question because the bootloader, and my application, have 2 different .lcf file, and I don't know how to put them togheter in the right way.

Thanks in advance.

Stefano

0 Kudos
1 Reply

CarlFST60L
Senior Contributor II

"My question is: I want to compile the bootloader into the same project of the application, how I have to set the .lcf file?"

You would really need to read the manual(s) on the linker file (within the help files) to get an undestanding of how it all works. They have all the information required to build and modify your own linker files, though I must admit, the help files are not very useful in the way of practical examples. I remeber it taking me quite some time (weeks) to work out how to setup our dual bootable images of MQX and other related boot loader functions.

Good luck

Carl

0 Kudos