cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing PE project for twrk65f180m bsp

Jump to solution
Vagni
Contributor IV

In the past I developed some applications with K60, CW 10.x and MQX 4.x. I always based my BSP libraries on a Processor Expert (PE) project, like in bsp_twrk60n512 sample project. And all of my custom application started from the pe_demo_twrk60d100m sample application.

Now I started working with a TWR-K65F180M board, CW 10.6 and MQX 4.2.0.

I notice all the BSP sample projects are based on a PE project, except for the bsp_twrk65f180m project. Why?

Also, the pe_demo_twrk65f180m sample project is missing.

Creating a MQX application based on a PE-based BSP is not advisable with the K65/K66 cpu? Why?

Can you provide a sample PE project for bsp_twrk65f180m? Alternatively, can you tell me how to make it by myself?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution
danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Alessandro

For new Kinetis MCU-based products in development, Freescale recommends upgrading to Kinetis SDK as the software platform.  For Kinetis SDK , the supported tool chains include KDS, IAR, Keil....  And Codewarrior does not support Kinetis SDK.

I suggest you choose the KDS as the develop tool. It is a complimentary integrated development environment fir Kinetis MCUs  that enables robust editing, compiling and debugging of your designs. Based on free, open-source software. Furthermore, Processor Expert software enables your design with its knowledge base. You can create a new project with K65 PE support with KDS and KSDK 1.2.

Please note that, after the release of MQX RTOS 4.2, there is no more MQX RTOS releases planned for Kinetis MCUs.  New Kinetis MCUs will be supported instead by MQX RTOS for Kinetis SDK.

Regards

Daniel

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Alessandro

For new Kinetis MCU-based products in development, Freescale recommends upgrading to Kinetis SDK as the software platform.  For Kinetis SDK , the supported tool chains include KDS, IAR, Keil....  And Codewarrior does not support Kinetis SDK.

I suggest you choose the KDS as the develop tool. It is a complimentary integrated development environment fir Kinetis MCUs  that enables robust editing, compiling and debugging of your designs. Based on free, open-source software. Furthermore, Processor Expert software enables your design with its knowledge base. You can create a new project with K65 PE support with KDS and KSDK 1.2.

Please note that, after the release of MQX RTOS 4.2, there is no more MQX RTOS releases planned for Kinetis MCUs.  New Kinetis MCUs will be supported instead by MQX RTOS for Kinetis SDK.

Regards

Daniel

0 Kudos