cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MQX NIO drivers

cleciojung
Contributor II

Hi everyone!

I got a problem and I came here to ask if some of you might help me… I am using the board FRDM-K64F with the following software solutions:

KDS 3.2;

KSDK 1.3;

MQX provided by KSDK;

I need to use the POSIX standard functions (open, read, write, close) to control one serial interface from the board. I found that MQX provides NIO drivers, but there is not any documentation on how to use it.

Anyone knows how to do it?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Clecio:

MQX for KSDK uses default drivers just like in bare-metal implementaiton, however, MQX also provides a uniform way to communicate with Input / Output driver by using a NIO driver,  this NIO driver is a wrapper for I/O drivers in order to use POSIX standard.

Please refer to the attached document that describes the way to create a basic NIO driver, the steps needed to install it and then use it with basic I/O operations like open, close, write, etc.

Have a great day,
Daniel

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

cleciojung
Contributor II

Hi Daniel.

Thank you for your answer.

I could manage to install, open, read and write from a serial nio driver.

My question now is how to change the parameters of the driver like baud rate and stop bits without having to reinstall the driver, and how to using CTS and RTS signals?

Thanks for the help.

0 Kudos