Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MQX CAN Driver

Jump to solution
murugan_m
Contributor II

Hi,

I am new to MQX. Currently i am using MQX 3.8 for the K20 processor. Looking into the CAN driver of MQX, i think it wont support Reception FIFO feature.

My question is suppose there is two active reception mail boxes, which of these two mailboxes are occupied first when a new CAN message is received? Is it depends on mailbox number or what else?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

The FlexCAN hardware module supports features like Rx FIFO or Rx Queue, but they are not enabled in MQX 3.8 and MQX 4.0 FlexCAN driver.

Now in  the latest MQX release is 4.1. we added RX FIFO support for twrk70120m board, please refer to driver code.

C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_1\mqx\source\io\can\flexcan\fsl_flexcan_driver.c

Regarding who occupied first, according to datasheet, The scan order for mailboxes and Rx FIFO is from the matching element with lowest number to the higher ones

Have a great day,
Daniel

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

The FlexCAN hardware module supports features like Rx FIFO or Rx Queue, but they are not enabled in MQX 3.8 and MQX 4.0 FlexCAN driver.

Now in  the latest MQX release is 4.1. we added RX FIFO support for twrk70120m board, please refer to driver code.

C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_1\mqx\source\io\can\flexcan\fsl_flexcan_driver.c

Regarding who occupied first, according to datasheet, The scan order for mailboxes and Rx FIFO is from the matching element with lowest number to the higher ones

Have a great day,
Daniel

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
thegreendroid
Contributor I

Hi Daniel,

When will the Rx FIFO functionality be implemented for the Kinetis MCU's?

Regards,

Shreyas

0 Kudos