Large program execution issue in MQX

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Large program execution issue in MQX

gurdeepakjoshi
Contributor II

On MQX, a program ( with 1016 lines of code) of size 65.5 kb hangs in the middle. However, small program (540 lines of code) of size 20.3 kb is running fine. It appears that program is not getting enough memory to run.  

- How can we increase user space size in which program is running ?

- What are the different board configurations should be done for MQX to run large programs ?

We are using cosmic phytec vybrid board with Mqx running on M4 and ARM DS-5 IDE for cross compiling.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

gurdeepakjoshi
Contributor II

Hi,

Thank you for the reply. We are using phytec cosmic vybrid board running MQX on M4 core with 150 Mhz. We are compiling code on ARM DS-5. The code compiles fine but on execution, it appears that the program size becomes greater than the user space due to memory initializations and overlaps with kernel space. How can we reduce the kernel space and increase user space in MQX.

Thanks,

Gurdeepak

0 Kudos

alejandrolozan1
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Are you using only the M4 core? One thing that could help is to try to link the application to DDR.

I assume that you are running our of iRAM. Correct?

/Alejandro

0 Kudos

gurdeepakjoshi
Contributor II

Hello Alejandro,

Thanks for the reply. The cosmic phytec board that we are using has timesys linux running on A5 core and MQX running on M4 core. We are using SD card to load MQX . I doubt if we can use DDR or iRAM on this board. Presently we are developing the MQX application for M4 on ARM DS-5 IDE. How can we do M4 core MQX application debugging using DDR / iRAM ?

It will be very helpful as it is very crucial for us to run this MQX application on M4.

Thanks,

Gurdeepak

0 Kudos

alejandrolozan1
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

I do not think it is a problem with the size of the application. But just to make sure I wonder if you can try to run the application from iRAM and then from DDR and check if there is a difference.

The best choice to check what the problem is, it is to debug the application and if possible Trace the application.

Please try that and let us know the resutls.

/Alejandro

0 Kudos

gurdeepakjoshi
Contributor II

Hi,

Thank you for the reply. We are using phytec cosmic vybrid board running MQX on M4 core with 150 Mhz. We are compiling code on ARM DS-5. The code compiles fine but on execution, it appears that the program size becomes greater than the user space due to memory initializations and overlaps with kernel space. How can we reduce the kernel space and increase user space in MQX.

Thanks,

Gurdeepak

0 Kudos