cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Manage Future MQX Updates

razed11
Contributor V

Hi,

For those of you who are MQX veterans how do you manage updates?

I'm in the process of cloning the K64 FRDM to use as a basis for our custom boards which will use the 144-pin LQFP version of the part. The cloning process drops files within the directory hierarchy of MQX. In my case under C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_1 for 4.1.1.

My application code sits outside of this hierarchy. It is an IAR project that included by C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_1\build\<my board>\iar\build_libs.eww (IAR workspace).

When the next MQX version is released will the installer update this folder? Must it be done manually? Do you tend to place this entire structure under version control?

Apologies if I overlooked a document describing this.

Thanks,

Kenny

1 Reply

DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Kenny,

It depends...if the update is a small version update then it usually will over-write the existing MQX folder path(s) with new and updated files and update the /doc folder release notes to say what has changed.  This process would not affect your cloned folders/files.

When a major update/release is issued, then there are several options.  One is to use the BSPCloning process again in the new release, then create a new MQX application and then add in your application code from previous release.  I like this method as the creating a new project sets up all the paths and variables for you that might have some slight difference from an older MQX release as it is not only MQX being updates, but also the IDE tools.

The other option is to find example or demo project that is closest to your MQX application and start modifying it and adding in our files.  Kind of a simple approach but destroys the example/demo from being used (although you could just re-install MQX again).

I'm sure others have good advice too and hope they chime in.

Regards,

David

0 Kudos