Did you mean: 

How To keep personal code with Processor Expert

Jump to solution
holyhope
Contributor III

Hi to All,

I need to keep my personal code in file:

uartCom1.c

that is auto generate by Processor Expert.

Because there is a BUG I need to NOT autoinitialize my UART code and initialize it in another place.

But I need to keep the variable

uart_state_t uartCom1_State;

and other things that I write in uartCom1.c... but evry time I generate code with processor expert it delete all my uart_state_t uartCom1_State; so it is very boring ALL time rewrite it...

How I can keep my personal code inside Processor-Expert's managed .c files?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Massimiliano:

The next tutorial by colleague Erich Styger might answer your question:

Disable my Code Generation | MCU on Eclipse

You need to disable code generation for UART so that your changes are preserved.

Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
holyhope
Contributor III

Hi to all,

Many thanks.

I'm using MQX on KDS, your answer explain me how to retain my code. Many thanks

Massimiliano

0 Kudos
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Massimiliano:

The next tutorial by colleague Erich Styger might answer your question:

Disable my Code Generation | MCU on Eclipse

You need to disable code generation for UART so that your changes are preserved.

Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Massimiliano,

Are you using MQX? If you are using MQX please check the MQX_CW10_Getting_Started document (page 42) that you can find at the path: C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_1\doc\tools

Have a great day,
Sol