Exception vector name: address error

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exception vector name: address error

Byra
Contributor I

I get this error when I try to debug a MCF52256 on my custom board. The project was started from a cloned 52259 MQX tower project and runs fine on the tower board. I couldnt get a 52259 for my board, so Im using a 52256 for now, but as soon as I try to debug, I get this error. I tried changing the flash and sram size definitions to match the smaller sizes on the 52256, but it doesnt make any difference. Im using the multilink usb debugger.

Thank you for any help!

--Byra

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

JuroV
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

It is difficult to help you to solve the problem immediately. Have you tried any small example, that works on your BSP?

0 Kudos

Byra
Contributor I

Yes I have. I get the same thing every time on my BSP.

So I built a processor expert project instead as a test. Its very simple, based on the QSPI example. It runs perfectly on the tower board. When I run it on my board, I get the same error as with MQX, the Address Error exception. The error happens at the RTS instruction at the end of the  __initialize_hardware() routine that processor expert inserts.

Since the code runs fine on the 52259 tower board, I assume there must be some kind of hardware problem on my board, but I cant figure out what it could be. Can you think of any hardware problem that would cause this? I read the section in the RM that describes the address error exception, and it seems to refer to misaligned bytes. However, since the code runs on the tower board without errors, this cant be the problem. What else might cause this exeption. Is the fact that it happens on the first RTS an indication that the stack is the problem?

Thanks for any help!

--Byra

0 Kudos

JuroV
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Well. what is in stack pointer and what is on the address where sp points, when you perform RTS?

0 Kudos