Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BSP Cloning Problem MQX 4.0.2

pk2
Contributor III

I am using CX10.4 and MQX 4.0.2

I deleted my old freescale MQX 4.0 installation and installed MQX 4.0.2

For a sanity check, I generated the BSP for my TWRK60F120m and successfully ran the Hello demo.

Eventually I will need a custom BSP but to my education, I decided to start by just cloning the TWRK60F120M BSP and call it customtwrk60f120m

I followed the instructions for the BSP Cloning Wizard and have all the files created.

Everything is fine except my "customK60F120M" does not show up as a choice of available boards when using the MQX new project wizard.

The registry entry is there and is correct.  I copied the" customK60F120M.xml" file into C:\Freescale\CW MCU v10.4\MCU\lib\wizard_data\mqx\4.0\arm

I have rebooted my computer. After all of that I still am not offered "customK60F120M" as a selection when using the MQX new project wizard.

When building the custom BSP, I only selected the CW10.xGCC IDE.  WHen Installting MQX, I only installed the Kinetis cpu platform.

Please advise.

Gary

7 Replies

slaroche
Contributor II

I have the same problem except for those points : I am using CW 10.2 and my clone was based on the TWRK60N512.

Any information on that matter would by of great interrest for me too.

Thanks

0 Kudos

soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Please check the below thread:

Regards

https://community.freescale.com/message/356271#356271

0 Kudos

alexandrivanov
Contributor I

Hi,

I had the same problem with the New Project Wizard and I found a workaround.

When I clone board to create the new one (for example "glTwrk70f120") I have .reg and .xml files in the CodeWarriorNPW directory. But this files contain several problems:

1. glTwrk70f120.reg: contains the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Freescale\Freescale MQX\4.0 GLTWRK70F120

2. glTwrk70f120.xml contains references to the new MQX instance:

• <editTextMatchesExpression editTextId="com.freescale.mcu.mqxprojectwizard1.page.mqxselectboard.installedMQX" regexp=".*;4\.0 GLTWRK70F120;.*"/>
  • <variable name="MqxInstallRegPath" value="\FreeScale\FreeScale MQX\4.0 GLTWRK70F120" conditionId="mcu.mqxprojectwizard1.board.ID_BOARD_GLTWRK70F120"/>

When I run the  glTwrk70f120.reg it does not help, because the MQX info is store in the "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Freescale\FreeScale MQX" key.

So the are two ways to go forward:

1. To change glTwrk70f120.xml for using default path of MQX like (if you do not plan to export the MXQ/BSP):

• <editTextMatchesExpression editTextId="com.freescale.mcu.mqxprojectwizard1.page.mqxselectboard.installedMQX" regexp=".*;4\.0;.*""/>
  • <variable name="MqxInstallRegPath" value="\FreeScale\FreeScale MQX\4.0" conditionId="mcu.mqxprojectwizard1.board.ID_BOARD_GLTWRK70F120"/>

2. Or to change the registry to place the generated info under the "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node" (This variant is more preferable because you can export MXQ/BSP to other location)

So, it looks like a defect.

- CodeWarrior for MCU - Version: 10.5 -  Build Id:130916

- Cloning Wizard  1.0.10

- MQX 4.0.2

0 Kudos

soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Alexandr,

Thank you for share your solution :smileywink:

Regards

Sol

0 Kudos

MarcinG
Contributor III

Hi Gary,

The most likely it's something with paths either in the .reg file or in the .xml file. The New Project Wizard for MQX shows only the boards that are available in your MQX installation.

To figure out what is installed, first it checks in the .xml file what is the key for this board in the registry - there is a following entry in the .xml file (somewhere at the end of it):

<variable name="MqxInstallRegPath" value="\FreeScale\FreeScale MQX\4.0 CUSTOMK60F120M" conditionId="mcu.mqxprojectwizard1.board.ID_BOARD_CUSTOMK60F120M"/>

Where "\FreeScale\FreeScale MQX\4.0 CUSTOMK60F120M" is the key in the registry. Now you can open the regedit tool and check if the key is there, the full key is:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Freescale\Freescale MQX\4.0 CUSTOMK60F120M

(The task of the .reg file is to add this key to the registry).

There should be a string value called PATH under this key, with the path to your MQX installation. If this path doesn't exist, the New Project Wizard will not show the board that refers to it.

So this is the first thing to check - if the paths are OK.

The other issue might be that the NPW hasn't been updated to version 1.4.0.

If this does not help, please provide the generated customK60F120M.reg and customK60F120M.xml files, I will look into them.

Best Regards,
Marcin

0 Kudos

pk2
Contributor III

Hi Marcin -

I looked in the .xml file and registry entry and everything appears to be ok to me.  My actual BSP name is "CUSTOMTWRK60F120M" rather than the name I used earlier.

The path "C:\Freescale\CustomTWRK60F120M\lib\CustomTWRK60F120M.cw10gcc\debug\bsp" does have files in it

I have attached the .reg and .xml files for you to review

Thank you for your help

Gary

0 Kudos

pk2
Contributor III

Marcin -

What have you determined regarding this issue?