cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

802.11 Wireless Recommendations

razed11
Contributor V

Hi,

I've been using the Freedom K64 to bring up firmware for a start-up and it has been going well with MQX, TAD, and the support I have received here.

This week I was asked to help build a prototype for a very large company that it is interested in testing the market for Internet of Things. The other project requires most of my bandwidth but if I can leverage what I have built on top of MQX on Kinetis I can imagine pulling it off. I'm assuming that if the wireless driver has been properly integrated that my socket code will be the same.

I'd like to use an existing demo platform as a reference for a custom for custom PCB. I've looked at the TWR Atheros 4100 and it looks to mate with a K60 board of some kind. Anyone have experience with this?  Is this platform stable and reliable?

Prefer to use IAR and hoping that a BSP is ready to go. Given that is TWR I'm thinking this is all very doable.

Thanks,

Kenny

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

RadekS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Package for Atheros 4100 is for now the best choice from available solutions. There is package for MQX4.0.2 (made by Atheros).

https://www.freescale.com/webapp/Download?colCode=FSLMQXOS_4_0_2__ATHEROS_BSP

This package should be possible “simple” reuse (with some modifications) in current MQX 4.1.1.

Potential issues: Original package was build for TWR-K60N512. This board is now obsolete and some of utilities from Atheros don’t work with newer K60 board (TWR-K60D100). So, re programming AR-4100 could be slightly more complicated (you have to program AR-4100 via old K60 platform, or somehow manage programming algorithm for new Kinetis chips – create your own or ask Qualcomm for that).

Have a great day,
RadekS

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------