cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

s32ds Spi transfer

bharathn3402
Contributor II

Screenshot 2024-04-12 143415.png

here i have two slaves are connected to an single chipselect pin. Iam not sure how to communicate with the slave devices individuallly. can anyone help me out in this?
#spi

#s32ds

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

PetrS
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

if you want to use additional chip selects then you have to route the pin for it in the pin_mux component and generate PE code. Then before calling Master transfer function you can switch CS using DSPI_UpdateCS function.
This function can be used to change the chip select configured when the driver was initialized. It is useful for applications where more slave devices are controlled by only one DSPI/SPI instance.

BR, Petr

0 Kudos

bharathn3402
Contributor II
Hi petrs,
My question was i have connected two devices to an an single chipselect pin. how can we communicate with both devices whenever i want?
0 Kudos

PetrS
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

you should not have connected more slaves to same single chip select. How do you then deal with slaves SOUT signals connected to MCU SIN input?

BR, Petr

0 Kudos

bharathn3402
Contributor II

HI
i have connected multiple CSB pins to an single dspi chipselect output how to switch between two csb pins in software whenever we want?
in my case for chipselect 3 i  have connected two csb pins. some times i want to communicate with pd3 and some times i want to communicate with the pf5. how?
Screenshot 2024-04-12 143415.png

0 Kudos