cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSL library for MPC5748G

alextimpau
Contributor III

Hello everyone!

I'm trying to integrate wolfSSL using lwIP as TCP/IP stack and MPC5748G as target board (server). I use lwip tcp/ip stack in order to communicate between NXP Qorivva MPC5748G (server) and winsock client application running on desktop in visual studio.The communication is ok but I need to secure the transmitted/received packets using a ssl library.

I'm trying to use mbedTLS but I couldn'i port this ssl stack correctly on my board and I change it with wolfSSL stack. I managed to compile without error this stack but when the server (MPC5748G) and client(visual studio program) try to change the initial packet (ssl handshake protocol) the comunication fail.

Could anyone tell me please if I can use a ssl stack for this type of board without an operating system ?

Best regards,

Alex.

Labels (1)
2 Replies

ssnkumar
Contributor I

Hi,

I am curious to know which compiler are you using to build WolfSSL for MPC5748G?

And what's the size of WolfSSL library or the ELF file that you are building?

Did you do anything to disable libc calls (memcpy, malloc, free, memset, memcmp, strlen, strncpy, strncmp, strncat) which are used extensively in WolfSSL?

Regards,

Narendra

0 Kudos

martin_kovar
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Alex,

I consulted this topic with one of our application engineer who is TCP/IP expert and he told me following:

WolfSSL is independent library which does not need any hardware support (if hw acceleration for crypto algorithms is not used). The best way, how to implement this library is to use TCP/IP stack, which contains Socket Layer (interface for application, which uses TCP communication). This Socket layer is set of standardized function (for example look at the Linux specification). This is the easiest way, how to connect wolfSSL to TCP/IP stack.

I assume, it is possible to implement wolfSSL without operating system, but it will be more difficult than you use OS.

Regards,

Martin