Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding CAN Channel

SAchary11
Contributor I

Hello Community,

I have a question regarding s32SDK,

In SDK while configuring the CAN channel I have seen the device is mentioned with different CAN channel number, such as below,

SAchary11_0-1679058896146.png

Can anybody let me know where exactly this number mapped to physical pins on the board

After configuring to this, I am not able to understand which channel it is mapped to on the board

where can i get this details

SAchary11_1-1679059168829.png

0 Kudos
4 Replies

PetrS
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

what MCU board you are using in fact? DEVKIT-MPC5748G? If yes, pin assignment is given in https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/quick-reference-guide/DEVKIT-COMM-QSG.pdf
Once you will know MCU pin connected you can use for example the I/O Signal Description Table attached to the device RM to know which CAN module is multiplexed on this pin. Then select CAN device in flexcan component as well as assign right pin in pin_mux component.
From pin_mux component you can generate html report, which gives you pins assignment as well.

BR, Petr

0 Kudos

SAchary11
Contributor I

Hello, I am using MPC5748G and COMM Evaluation board

I am really not able to find the details in the reference manual, COMM Evaluation Board has extended CAN channels, 

For COMM Evaluation Board Manual no Information is given and also in SDK there is no proper document related to it

Please give us proper details.

J11 is mapped to CAN 7 in SDK configuration, please tell me how, If document is there please share it, It depends how in SDK these information are handled, very difficult to understand this SDK.

After configuration and generating the file

Device instance number is assigned with 7, i am not understanding how we can trace it to the physical channel in the hardware.

Where I can find out that this instance ID 7 is mapped to which channel? I couldn't find it in Reference manual, If you know please send me the screenshot

SAchary11_0-1679066561186.png

0 Kudos

PetrS
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

assuming you are pointing to J11 header on DEVKIT-COMM, it is marked as CAN_C.
Then from its Quick Start Guide you can find to which MPC5748G pins TX/RX signals are connected

PetrS_0-1679067875492.png

PF8/PF9 are used. 

Within RM you can see below description, how to get to IO signal description table, it is attached to the pdf.

PetrS_1-1679067920430.png

From this excel file in IO signal Table sheet you can locate PF8/PF9 pins and identify that CAN 2 or CAN 3 modules can be assigned to those pins. 

PetrS_2-1679068116568.png

Finally in flexcan component select either CAN_2 or CAN_3 and in pin mux component assign PF8/PF9 pins to selected module

PetrS_3-1679068264398.png

if you want to use CAN_7 then IO table shows it can be on PG8/PG9. And those pins are connected through transceiver to CAN_D header (J15) on DEVKIT_COMM.

BR, Petr

0 Kudos

SAchary11
Contributor I

Hi petrs,

Thanks a lot for the info, it was very helpful.

0 Kudos