Need a programming guide for S32DS PA for SPC5746R

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a programming guide for S32DS PA for SPC5746R

asua
Contributor I

include the memory address,variables,  interrupt vectors, and so on.

thanks a lot

0 Kudos
7 Replies

lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @asua 

we provide this application note:

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN4670.pdf

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note-software/AN4670SW.zip

The project in the zip file is created in GreenHills MULTI IDE.

You can also create new project in S32 Design Studio IDE to see how the device is initialized in startup files.

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos

asua
Contributor I

Hi,Lukas

Thanks very much for your quick reply.

what is the difference between MPC5746 and SPC5746?

Why almost all the examples are MPC5746's?

Can MPC5746 projects  run in the SPC5746 board?

Best regards

asua  

0 Kudos

lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

There's no difference, it's just historical reason. In the past, part numbers of MPC55xx devices didn't contain explicit marking of silicon mask set. Because it was required by automotive world, next generations got part number starting with SPC5... which always contains marking of silicon mask set (usually something like F0,F1, K0, K1...). So, SPC5... is orderable part number. But we are still used to talk about MPC5... in the documentation.

Hope it makes sense.

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos

asua
Contributor I

and,

I copy a example 'MPC5746R_PinToggleStationery_S32DS_Z4_1'   to my work directory,

and in the S32DS, I use the way: file/open projects from file system, to load this project .

but  when I 'build this project',  it prompt:

Errors occurred during the build.
Errors running builder 'CDT Builder' on project 'MPC5746R_PinToggleStationery_S32DS_Z4_1'.
Resource '/MPC5746R_PinToggleStationery_S32DS_Z4_1/Debug/src/intc_sw_handlers.args' does not exist.
Resource '/MPC5746R_PinToggleStationery_S32DS_Z4_1/Debug/src/intc_sw_handlers.args' does not exist.

What is wrong?

thanks a lot

asua

0 Kudos

lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Use rather File -> Import...

lukaszadrapa_0-1673336627970.png

0 Kudos

asua
Contributor I

Hi, Lukas

In the S32DS_PA IDE,

Why the projects sometimes have 3 names, ie, xxx_Z2_3, xxx_Z4_1,xxx_Z4_2, but sometimes have only 2 names,ie, xxx_Z4_1,xxx_Z4_2?

Which of the three is used  when I debug the code with a simulator?

What does it mean, when the project name is followed with ":Debug" ?       

In debug mode, for the same project, there are 2 items, named xxx_Debug and xxx_Debug_RAM, so what is the difference between them?

How to exit the dubug mode?

Thanks very much

Best Regards,

asua

0 Kudos

lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

if you have multicore device, you can create project for one (boot) core only or for more cores. In this case, there will be separate projects for each core.

xxx_Z2_3, xxx_Z4_1,xxx_Z4_2: this is obviously project for MPC5748G which has three cores - two Z4 cores and one Z2 core.

xxx_Z4_1,xxx_Z4_2: this can be project for MPC5746R but also for MPC5748G when Z2 core is not used.

If you have such multicore projects, you should load all of them to the device. For this purpose, use Launch Group in Debug Configuration:

lukaszadrapa_0-1673336168814.png

"Debug" means that debug information is included in the elf file.

"Debug" version is loaded to flash, "Debug_RAM" is loaded to RAM only. RAM version can be used to save time when loading the project. It's supposed to be used rather at the beginning for simple testing and debugging. Once the size of project grows up, the size of RAM is not sufficient anymore and it's necessary to load your project to flash. There are some obvious disadvantages of RAM version - it won't work after reset or power off-on sequence etc...

How to exit the dubug mode? - In the debugger, there's red "Terminate" button (or in menu Run -> Terminate).

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos