MPC5777C Mii Lite mode TCP Ethernet communication

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPC5777C Mii Lite mode TCP Ethernet communication

San_96
Contributor I

My program is able to send and receive Ethernet frames using TCP protocol. The socket is created and for every 128ms I am sending 15 frames. For each frame, number of databytes is 17 (0x11).

My card is Client and PC is Server.

While I run the code, the first few (around 4 or 5) frames are sent and received at PC side. I am seeing them on Wireshark. The PC is sending acknowledgment frame too. After 4 or 5 frames were sent, the MCU (my program) is not able to receive the acknowledgement even though PC is responding with proper acknowledgment. So, MCU is re-transmitting the same frame with a limit of 4 times. For every re-transmission, the PC is responding with acknowledgement.

I have tried by including 20msec delay after the frame is sent by MCU. Then around 10 times the data frames were received at PC properly with acknowledgment. But later, the same issue as in previous.

My socket connection close time is 10sec. After re-transmitting 4 times, no frame is transmitted until certain time. Within that time, my socket is closed and new socket is created. Then again the same thing repeated.

The Hardware is all correct. I'm using S32DS Power arch. V2.1, MPC5777C controller FEC peripheral, DP83848i PHY module.

I have attached the wireshark data.

Requesting to provide solution for this.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

PetrS
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

could you please specify the SW and HW you are using?
Do you have own board or some NXP demo board?
Do you use any demo example available in S32DS? Like lwip_mpc5777c
Or tested simple enet_ping_mpc5777c etc.
Or do you use other SW and/or stack.

BR, Petr

0 Kudos

San_96
Contributor I

SW IDE: S32DS power arch. V1.2

HW: MPC5777C, Dp83848i

Own Board

No examples from S32DS are used. We have previously implemented MII mode, TCP communication  with MPC5567. It is working. Same TCP driver files we are using for MPC5777C for MII-Lite mode. For this we are getting problem.

Please check below PHY unused pins for MII-Lite mode.

1. COL/PHYADR0 has Pull Up resistor

2. CRS_DV pull down

3. RX_ER pull down

0 Kudos

PetrS
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

PHY's COL, CRS and RX_ER are output signals, so if not used can be left unconnected. Moreover this pins have internal  Pulldown/Pullup.

BR, Petr

0 Kudos