cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPC5777C-DEVB2 Ethernet start

IvanIvanenkoTechSAT
Contributor II

Hello.

I have a MPC5777C-DEVB2 and I would like to connect main MCU to my laptop (or other device) by ethernet (100Base-TX, of course), no other ethernet ports needed. There is a SJA1110 chip on board, but it requires configuration to start working.

Is there any configuration tool for SJA1110. I see SJA1110-EVM Configuration Tools, but It seems that it is not working with MPC5777C-DEVB2 (or how to use it?).
Or may be there is any example for configuration SJA1110 via MPC5777C SPI (no operation system on MPC, it's bare-metal code)? Or any binary to load into SJA1110 QSPI flash, or tool for such binary creation?

May target board will use simple PHY ethernet driver instead of SJA1110, so I wouldn't like to spend much time for SJA1110 configuration, if there are any simple solutions for my task.

So in short: how can I start using 100Base-TX ethernet on MPC5777C-DEVB2 in the most simple way, without going deep into SJA1110 developing?

0 Kudos
7 Replies

Broauco
Fresh Out Contributor

Thanks for saving my time on my MPC5777C development. This helps me a lot.

0 Kudos

PetrS
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

to be honest I am not aware of direct example/binary for ethernet usage for this board.

Generally, a configuration for SJA1110 can be generated by two tools, GUI SJA1110 Configuration Tool, which is a part of SJA1110 SDK extension plugin to S32 Design Studio, and Python programming language based SJA1110-EVM Configuration Tools, you mentioned.

The SDK helps to generate a project which is loaded to external flash connected to SJA1110 and the code is then executed by integrated ARM Cortex M7 core.

Static configuration (hex file) is generated by the second config tool and those can now be uploaded to the SJA1110-EVM using, e.g., the EVB Host Tools. This will not be usable for DEVB, I think, as have no USB to SPI interface that is located on SJA1110-EVM.

The SJA1110 SDK can be downloaded here (it’s better to log in on nxp.com before clicking on this link):

https://www.nxp.com/webapp/swlicensing/sso/downloadSoftware.sp?catid=SWSJA1110-SDK01E

For installation, see the S32_SDK_for_SJA1110_RTM_1_0_2_Release_Notes.pdf, section “3.1  Installation through update site”. SW examples are included. See please included quick start guide document.

BR, Petr

0 Kudos

IvanIvanenkoTechSAT
Contributor II

Hello.

I have access to SJA1110 SDK, but now I have problems with correct configuration.

As I told in start topic, my goal is to transfer traffic to/from MPC5777C to /from 100BaseTX ethernet. So, SJA1110 should work like regular ethernet PHY driver chip (for example DP83822), from point of view MPC5777C.

I tried to use “switch_config_s32g_vnp_rdb” example from SDK for this with following modifications: changed in switch port 2 configuration to PHYless, speed to 100Mbps, xMII mode to MII and set Reverse Mode.
I also used "lwip_mpc5777c" example for MPC5777 with changed IP and MAC addresses to avoid conflicts with firmware for SJA1110. That example was working perfectly with old MPC5777C-DEVB with TJA1100.

Problem is that ping message from laptop (I've tested only ping) are mostly lost. Only first ping in a row gets reply, after it all packets are lost, and about one minute should be waited to get reply for ping again (or reset MPC5777C). Ping for SJA1110 and for some device, connected to one of 100BaseT1 works fine.

I assume that problem is with some port/pins configuration. Could you give me advise what is wrong and how should it be changed?

Side question: according to manual, SMI interface can be used only for 100Base-T1 register access. How MPC5777C can get link status for 100Base-TX interface?

IvanIvanenkoTechSAT_0-1720798674137.png

IvanIvanenkoTechSAT_3-1720798718884.png

IvanIvanenkoTechSAT_4-1720798731675.png

IvanIvanenkoTechSAT_5-1720798754873.png

0 Kudos

PetrS
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

SPI_AP interface can be used to control/read internal device registers.
For a switch setting, maybe TBOX demo could be useful for setting. It uses Port2 as well for MAC connection, just in RMII mode. See https://www.nxp.com/design/design-center/development-boards-and-designs/s32k3-automotive-telematics-... and T-Box lwIP Example Code for SJA1110.

BR, Petr

0 Kudos

IvanIvanenkoTechSAT
Contributor II

Hi.
Thanks for advice, but I've already found the problem.

"Power down control" and "Bypass control" in  MII2->Internal delay->RXC should be set to "Powered" and "Delayed", the same as for TXC. With this settings everything works fine.

IvanIvanenkoTechSAT
Contributor II

Thanks for answer.

So using SDK is a single way to configure SJA1110 in my case, if I understood right.

I've created request for getting it, but there no answer for 4 days already. Link you provided follows to this request page, with no any download possibility.

0 Kudos

PetrS
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

if you requested access to SDK it should be visible soon, but it may take some time to be approved by relevant team.
You can try to send email to ethernet.marketing@nxp.com if do not see it still.

BR, Petr

0 Kudos