cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPC5777C-416DS Standalone + SPI

andregermano
Contributor I

Hi, very stupid question from my side:

I have the MPC5777C-416DS board and I am using it standalone (ie, without the motherboard). It is working pretty much ok, but now I need to connect it to a iso-SPI transiver. My question is: where are the SPI out-pins in this board? Are they mixed with the USB out?

0 Kudos
7 Replies

PetrS
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

simply refer to DS schematic; https://www.nxp.com/webapp/Download?colCode=MPC5777C-416DS-SCH

SPI_B signals are available on J517 jumper headers, so those can be connected either to SBC or to motherboard. Other modules are routed to DS-to-motherboard connector (J501B)

BR, Petr 

0 Kudos

andregermano
Contributor I

Hi thanks for answering me back.

This is exactly my question... I know that using the jumpers on J517 I can route the SPI singal to the SBC  instead of the MB (which is what I am currently doing), but to where exactly? When these jumpers connects to the MB, there are clearly a connector where I can connect my external SPI transiver. Where is it in the daughterboard? 

I hope I am not been too stupid with this question... but it is not obvious to me by looking the schematics or the user manual.

thanks again

Andre

0 Kudos

PetrS
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

there are 2 high density connectors on bottom side of DS. Those match with connectors on the MB.
Most of SPI signals are routed to J501

PetrS_0-1634280863240.png

BR, Petr

0 Kudos

andregermano
Contributor I

Thanks... but my question was the opposite... I know that I can route the SPI signal to MB via this J501 connector... but I am using the DB as standalone, without the MB... so to where these signals are routed in the DB??? I changed the jumpers in order of routing the singal... but to where???

Thanks

Andre

0 Kudos

PetrS
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

have to repeat still. Most MCU's SPI signals are routed to J501 connector only. SPI_A and SPI_C directly, SPI_B through J517 allowing direct connection to SBC or J501. 

BR, Petr

0 Kudos

andregermano
Contributor I

Great. I got that I cannot use SPI_A and SPI_C on the SBC. Not a problem...
But I understood SPI_B is available by routing the singals using the J517.... 

I still have to repeat my original question: to where exactly? to where the SPI_B is routed in the SBC when I change the jumpers to route to it instead of the MB? 

0 Kudos

andregermano
Contributor I

I mean, I want to connect the SPI to an external entity. Where can I? My only idea now would be to hard wiring the J517. 

0 Kudos