Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPC5775K's secure problem

Jump to solution
xiaoliu
Contributor I

Hello,experts,

Recently,I am using the MPC5775K now .To prevent unauthorized people operating flash ,I want to change the password.From the manual MPC5775KRM_Rev3.4,I think to add DCF record can make it.

Relevant instructions are NVSCI recordNVPWDH DCF record and NVPWDL DCF record.

From the manual ,if configure Censorship Control 0x55AAthe microcontroller will go to censor mode,!55AA will go to uncensor mode.If the microcontroller went to censor mode,it need input private password to operate the microcontroller.

So I did some test use 3 microcontroller.

Step 1:microcontroller 1,write NVPWDH DCF record and NVPWDL DCF record in Utest Flash to update password,then I found I Couldn’t connect the Emulator,neither the old password nor the new password ;

Step2: microcontroller 2,write NVSCI recordNVPWDH DCF record and NVPWDL DCF record in Utest Flash to update password, configure Censorship Control !0x55AAthe microcontroller will go to uncensored mode,I found no password could connect the Emulator now,but I changed to censor mode,it didn’t work,the microcontroller still need no password.

Step3: microcontroller 3,write NVSCI recordNVPWDH DCF record and NVPWDL DCF record in Utest Flash to update password, configure Censorship Control 0x55AAthe microcontroller will go to censored mode,I found only new password could connect the Emulator.And I changed the password again, the microcontroller couldn’t connect the Emulator in any password.

So I have 3 questions,

Q1:should NVSCI recordNVPWDH DCF record and NVPWDL DCF record write at the same time to change the password?Can I do thing to microcontroller1 and 3 now?

Q2: From the step 2,is microcontroller’s censored or uncensored mode can be set only once?

Q3: From the step4,is microcontroller’s private password can be set only once?

Best regards!!!!!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

A1:NVPWDH DCF record and NVPWDL DCF record must be present in DCF utest area in same time. I am not sure what you mean by "same time".

A2: Yes, NVSCI record must be updated only once using the DCF records.

A3:To modify an already programmed password new records may be simply appended to overwrite the previous password.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

The password DCF record must be updated (NVPWDL and NVPWDH) before reset occurs.

To modify an already programmed password new records may be simply appended to overwrite the previous password

Peter

0 Kudos
petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

A1:NVPWDH DCF record and NVPWDL DCF record must be present in DCF utest area in same time. I am not sure what you mean by "same time".

A2: Yes, NVSCI record must be updated only once using the DCF records.

A3:To modify an already programmed password new records may be simply appended to overwrite the previous password.

0 Kudos
xiaoliu
Contributor I

Hi,Peter VIna,Can you help me to answer my new questions?

0 Kudos
xiaoliu
Contributor I

Thank you for your reply! I understand some reason of my test,and I still have some confused part.

Q1:The "Same time" mean : Last time I powered on the microcontroller,I only wrote NVPWDL DCF record,then I powered off the microcontroller.  After these operations, any password is not OK now. I think these operations my be wrong,Do I have any remedy operation?

Q2:In my test step 3,I updated the password the 2nd time,my operations were writing NVSCI record 、 NVPWDH DCF record and NVPWDL DCF record again. It means I wrote the NVSCI record twice. I think it's the reason why I can't  connect the Emulator in any password. what do you think of my  deduction?

0 Kudos