MPC5746R can't run core 1 from core 0 load when temperature is less than minus 10 degree.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPC5746R can't run core 1 from core 0 load when temperature is less than minus 10 degree.

Xjh193
Contributor III

1, MPC5746R can't run core 1 from core 0 loader when temperature is less than minus 10 degree. But Core 0 can work well.

After I increase the temperature to normal, the core 1 will run.

(Core 0 set MC_ME_CADDR0/MC_ME_CCTL0 to load core 1, and than core 0 software will change MC_ME mode to startup core 1).

2, If I only debug core 1, the core 1 can run in minus 10 degree.

3, In double core debug mode, the Trace32 display the core 1 is in reset, but MC_ME show core 1 is running(CS register).

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Xjh193
Contributor III

I solve this issue by changing MC_ME mode:

In old design, the process is "DRUN Mode(with external  OSC as system clock)  -> RUN0(with external  OSC as system clock) -> Setup Core 1(MC_ME_CCTL0) -> RUN0(with external PLL0 as system clock)"

Update design, the process is "Setup Core 1(MC_ME_CCTL0) ->  DRUN Mode(with external  OSC as system clock)  -> RUN0(with external  OSC as system clock) -> RUN0(with external PLL0 as system clock)"

The description of "MC_ME_CADDR0"  said the core will be reset after mode change. 

Does "RUN0(with external  OSC as system clock) -> RUN0(with external PLL0 as system clock)" change as one mode change?

0 Kudos

PetrS
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

yes, "RUN0(with external  OSC as system clock) -> RUN0(with external PLL0 as system clock)" is a single valid mode transition.

BR, Petr

0 Kudos