Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPC5746C SMPU - FMT1 Support

Jump to solution
martinschulthei
Contributor III

Hello,

according to "Document Number: MPC5746CRM Rev. 4, 12/2016" the Calypso 3M derivatives no longer support the FMT1 Format for the System MPU. (Appendix A: Release Notes, General Changes "Removed "Region Descriptor n, Word 2 Format 1 (SMPU_RD_nW2_F1)" register" - page 3396).

Is this information correct for all Calypso3M derivatives ? Is there a mask set which supports FMT 1 ?

What about Calypso6M ? Will there be changes too ?

I need to ask because for our AUTOSAR OS we need to distinguish between Supervisor- and User Mode on memory access control. But from our point of view this isn't possible with this derivative if only FMT 0 is supported. Is this correct ?

Thanks in advance and best regards

Martin Schultheiß

Tags (2)
1 Solution
petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

I finally got an answer:

The changes to the RM with respect to FMT = 1 not now being supported are NOT correct. FMT =1 IS supported by both Cal 3M and Cal6M. There is an update to the reference manuals about to be released to reflect this.

Peter

View solution in original post

3 Replies
petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

I finally got an answer:

The changes to the RM with respect to FMT = 1 not now being supported are NOT correct. FMT =1 IS supported by both Cal 3M and Cal6M. There is an update to the reference manuals about to be released to reflect this.

Peter

martinschulthei
Contributor III

Hi Peter,

thank u for the information. I'm glad to hear that.

BR

Martin

0 Kudos
petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Martin,

I have asked doc and apps team for clarification.

I will feedback you ASAP.

Peter

0 Kudos