MPC565 does it have ETPU how to access and debug the 6byte DPTRAM TPU3_A microcode?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPC565 does it have ETPU how to access and debug the 6byte DPTRAM TPU3_A microcode?

MR24X
Contributor I

I am trying to rewrite code that was meant for a 60-2 58x crank decoder using percentage base, into time base 24x dual pattern asymmetrical gap crank wheel decoder  

0 Kudos
7 Replies

MR24X
Contributor I

Were can I find the TPU function library for this processor? That might help. As outlined in TPUPN00/D,

0 Kudos

MR24X
Contributor I

Well I can't afford 2000 usd in tools! So that's a dead end! That's crazy any open source tools for that? 

But all I need to do is access the DPTRAM and or registers from 300000 to 307ffff I have two controllers ones 58x and one is 24x both same processor I just want to compare the TPU microcode from both. They are set in emulation mode that is to use the external 6byte DPTRAM. I have both controllers J-tagged and in reset I can view ram, main flash salve cpu, and it's main flash. When I read the range  300000 to 307ffff it returns blank all fffffffffs   . Is that area censored? How can I read it?  

0 Kudos

johndiener
Contributor IV

The newer eTPU module code memory is protected by a visibility bit - this must be flipped to read the memory successfully. I don't have an MPC565 manual in front of me but I believe the TPU module protected its code memory in a similar way, so you'll need to turn that off to get access.

If you don't really need to design new software than I agree you don't need tools.  But note that the demo versions of those tools is completely free and I'm pretty sure they come with sample microcode including some of the standard functions.

John Diener
0 Kudos

MR24X
Contributor I

I just see a bit setting supervisor level, in vector 304000 is there a write protect as well were is it’s flag? 

How to get the Demo software in only see paid versions on ashware site.

and how does the TPU interface connect? What balls do they go on to the mpc565 processor, I may not have access to them. 

I have:

vfls0

vfls1

vcc

Vdd

dsi

dso

clk

tck 

for J tag 

0 Kudos

KarlP
Contributor II

You can download and install the software - unless I am mistaken it should work in demo mode if a license is not detected.

The Motorola TPU assembler is FOC.

https://www.ashware.com/tpu-assembler

I find the simulator tools to be worth their weight in gold when it comes to debugging but time/effort & the assembler might be enough to rework existing TPU code.

0 Kudos

petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Not really sure what kind of support you are looking for.

But since this is very old device any application support would be difficult.

Therefore we recommend to get in touch with ASHWARE.

Best regards,
Peter

0 Kudos

johndiener
Contributor IV

The MPC565 has a TPU3 rather than the newer eTPU, quite a bit different. Debugging the TPU3 device is challenging, but one option is simulation - ASH WARE still provides tools that support the TPU, see https://www.ashware.com/tpu-tools.  Back in the day (1990s) these tools were used by many of the automotive companies around the world to develop their engine TPU microcode.

John Diener
0 Kudos