cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPC5606B MIDR1/2 register

frgop
Contributor II

Hello All,

I read the following values for the MIDR1 and MIDR2 registers.

0xc3f90004 : 0x56007400

0xc3f90008 : 0x00004200

when I look up against the data sheet "MPC5607B Microcontroller Reference Manual, Rev. 7.1"; I am unable to relate to the description given for these registers. Any idea why?

Thanks,

Gopal.

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Gopal,

it is prototype sample (PPC), isn't it? The values you are reading in the register are the SOC defaults. Production parts (MPC/SPC) should contain valid data.

Lukas

0 Kudos

frgop
Contributor II

Thank you Lukas,

Actually, I have a different issue, I am trying to configure Greenhills to build our system for an automotive body ECU, currently using the TRK-MPC5606B evaluation board. However I am unable to flash program the board; more, after I tried to flash the board (using GHS), its RAM seems to be corrupted. Everything is fine when I use Codewarrior, but the GHS probe debugger gives errors when I do a RAM-test.

When I was looking into the GHS setup scripts, the first instruction it executes is reading the MIDR1/2 registers, and since I did not find a match with the data sheet (e.g. PARTNUM[15:0] for the value 0x5600 in MIDR1 register does not exist) I was wondering if this has anything to do with the malfunction.

It is likely that, as you say, a production part may contain valid data.

Do you have any experience using GHS?

Regards,

Gopal.

0 Kudos

lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I'm not familiar with GHS but it looks like problem with SRAM initialization. It is possible that the script initializes SRAM on the basis of MIDR. Maybe you can try to rewrite the script, so it does initialize the SRAM independently of MIDR.

Lukas

0 Kudos