EEPROM emulator on MPC57xx

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EEPROM emulator on MPC57xx

Osabry
Contributor II

I am trying to use the EEPROM driver and I couldn't fully understand what does the "dataID" variable represents, I am using it to access different records but it keeps accessing the same record regardless the "dataID" value I pass to the read/write/erase functions !! I would like to ask also if I could select the partition I am accessing ?

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Osabry
Contributor II

@davidtosenovjan I have further debugged it and I found that any record access returns a status of invalid (0xFFFF0000) which I couldn't understand is there some sort of initialization for the records I am missing, however I am using an example. the invalid status is returned through the "record" struct variable "dataStatus" highlighted in the attached image.

Osabry_0-1685286316480.png

0 Kudos

Osabry
Contributor II

I've read this document and the problem persists, I am accessing the same record whatever "dataID" value I am passing to the read/write functions. what would be the reason for that doesn't the "dataID" variable represent the record number ? 

0 Kudos

davidtosenovjan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I could recommend to see following aponote what will help you to understand how EEPROM emulation works:
https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN4868.pdf

EEPROM emulation driver basically spreads programmed data content over the whole data flash in order to prevent wearing out of particular flash portions. Otherwise endurance limit (number of program/erase cycles) would be early achieved and data content could be damaged. So you dont choose specific place where data are being stored, but the driver takes care of it.

0 Kudos