Configuration of NMI line from SBC to MPC5777C for INTB?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuration of NMI line from SBC to MPC5777C for INTB?

vaibhav_sharma
Contributor III

Hi,

I am using FS6513CAE with MPC5777C in the project. The pin INTB is connected to the NMI pin of MCU. The INTB is generating an interrupt when IO_0 undergoes state change(Verified on oscilloscope). The SIU_EISR register doesn't show the NMI0 bit getting changed(Stays 0- No NMI event has occurred on the NMI input of Core0). So, MCU is not acknowledging the interrupt & ISR is not getting hit obviously. IVOR1 handler is present in the project.

Current configurations done on MCU for the NMI pin-

1. GPIO pad 213 configured as NMI alternate functionality, pin direction is input only.

2. SIU.DIRER.B.NMISEL8= 0;   /*Routing interrupt as NMI (IVOR1 handler) to Core0*/

3.  SIU.IFEER.B.IFEE_NMI8= 1;    /*Enabling the falling edge event for Core0*/

Have I missed any part of the configuration; because of which, I am not getting interrupt acknowledged in the SIU_EISR register???

Thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
4 Replies

vaibhav_sharma
Contributor III

The bits EE & ME in MSR(Machine state register) of the core(e200z759CRM) are also made 1 in order to enable the machine check exceptions.

Please respond!

0 Kudos

davidtosenovjan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, I have just created example based on setting you have shared:

Example MPC5777C-SIUL_External_NMI GHS714 

It is just working fine.

SIU.DIRER.B.NMISEL8 = 0 and SIU.IFEER.B.IFEE_NMI8= 1 is the all needed configuration.

MSR[ME] does not mask NMI, it may stay cleared.

0 Kudos

vaibhav_sharma
Contributor III

Hi David,

1. As NMI is the user switch input in this example; why was NMI0 bit not cleared in place of EIF0 in Machine_check_handler()?

2. The description(comments in the code) says rising edge will be considered as detection of NMI, but IFEER register is configured in the code; is it because either of them is configurable here, as switch press & release would generate both?

3. Could u share the screenshot of the EISR register being set & waveform of the output being toggled(LED)?

4. I've rechecked the parameters, but still there is no NMI0 bit being set in EISR register.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos

davidtosenovjan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

1) Yes, you are right. I have just corrected it.

void Machine_check_handler(void)
{
   // Toggle LED
   SIU.GPDO[LED1_pin].R ^= 1;

// Clear Flag
   SIU.EISR.R = 0x80000000; // NMI0
}

It worked with SIU.EISR.B.EIF0 = 1 as well but only as coincidence of improper usage of .B instance. Pay attention to following document, section 3.2:

http://www.nxp.com/files/32bit/doc/eng_bulletin/EB758.pdf 

2) Just a typo int the comment. But pressing of button may be configured for any of the edge, either it reacts of press or release.

3, 4)

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

4) Just to note example suspect jumper below, position 1-2 as OPEN.

pastedImage_1.png