Can I replace directly a MPC5534MVM80 burned from a pcb of an ecu with a new one power on the ecu still works? I have to do something after solder the new one?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I replace directly a MPC5534MVM80 burned from a pcb of an ecu with a new one power on the ecu still works? I have to do something after solder the new one?

dsigner13
Contributor I

Good Morning. I am Carlos Lopez. Mechanical Engineer at Idneo Tecnologies. I recently purchased an Ecu Microtec M197 with one MPC5534MVM80. I have shortcircuit accidentaly it and the chipset burned. Can I replace it for a new one and power on directly the ECU? I have to do something else? Need software programmed first? 

I have no Idea about electronics, so maybe I am asking something stupid. I just want to make the ECU work again.

Thanks in advance. 

IMG-20180928-WA0005.jpg

0 Kudos
1 Reply

davidtosenovjan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, it is interesting picture. Are there really holes on the MCU? Or it only looks like that?

However, I guess it is rather question for Microtec.

On their website I have read it is plug and play ECU, so they must program it either before soldering or if the board has JTAG interface, it can be downloaded over that interface. Or finally they can use bootloader and program the device with serial boot mode over FlexCAN or eSCI.

I would probably recommend to contact Microtec to answer whether there is a way to repair their board. They should know the method how MPC device is being programmed.

0 Kudos